By Anonymous - 13/05/2009 18:49 - United States

Today, I let my 5 year-old niece walk my 3 month-old husky puppy while I watched. I didn't realize how strong my puppy actually is until she took off running while dragging my niece with her. My niece now has two busted up knees and chin and her mother is now calling my puppy "demon puppy." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 263
You deserved it 26 798

demonpuppy tells us more.

demonpuppy 0

Hey you guys, the OP here! I just wanted to clear some things up. My puppy is very sweet. She has never pulled anyone else while on the leash. She's actually one of the most timid dogs I've ever owned and yes, I have owned dogs before and I know the breed. But because she is a puppy anomaly and doesn't pull, I thought it would be ok for my niece to walk her as I walked next to them. Also, this took place in my fenced off back yard. I do however have a stone terrace, which is where my niece got pulled over on. I know that my niece getting hurt is probably my fault and I've now learned that my puppy goes crazy when there are squirrels in sight. I've apologized to my sister-in-law. My niece is fine, she was back up and playing within minutes, but her mother wont let her near my puppy and I got a talking to. So, hope that clears some things up for you guys.

Top comments

Vilen1025 0

I clicked both "I agree, your life is f***ed" and "you deserved that one". While you didn't know its strength, you should *not* have let your niece handle it.

Stupid that she's not allowed near the puppy anymore. The puppy didn't mean any harm, your niece probably barely even cared about getting hurt, and her mom is just feeding a possible fear for puppies and/or dogs.

Comments

Wow, letting 5-year-old walk a husky? Not a good idea in the least. haha..."demon puppy" xD

noelykins1 19

It was just a puppy a 3 month old at that. I used to walk my 3 month old Labrador/Golden Retriever mix puppy when I was 5 all by myself. He pulled, but since he was a puppy and I was much bigger than him I just picked him up by his tummy (like most children). Also some children do have a better handling of animals, so personally I do believe that this woman's life sucks. It was a puppy, and the girl was 5, it's not like anyone would of expected her to fall.

Are you a ******* moron? If I was her mother I'd knock you the **** out for being so stupid.

moshie123 0

settle down there is alot worse things she could have let her done. it's a dog and it's not like she wasn't supervised. how else are you supposed to learn things in life if you are sheltered and not allowed to do anything?

Imawhalerider 0

NO a demon puppy is one that takes a shit on your bed while sleeping. then you roll over and it is all over your face.

kitties_fml 12

wtf? you don't let a five year old walk a huskie...

That's freaking awesome. Demon, just awesome-ness on stilts:)

Dral_fml 0

I agree with 12. There are too many FMLs recently about people who just don't bother to learn anything about their animals.

Hah! You deserved that; letting a child walk an excitable puppy is not very clever. But it's not like she got dragged into a pond and drowned or anything, there's no real harm done. So I'm not quite sure what pissed off #12 so much. o.O

Eternity_fml 0

Two future Iditarod sled racers. ; ) "Mush! Mush!" Your niece should say.