By Anonymous - 23/05/2013 17:48 - Romania - Buzau

Spicy
Today, I heard my grandma sobbing in her room. After finally convincing her to tell me what was wrong, she confessed to watching a porn video last night. She thinks not being able to sleep afterwards is a sign that God is punishing her, and that she's damned our family to hell. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 629
You deserved it 3 438

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What's really sad is that Grandma was only watching a shampoo commercial and confused it for ****.

Comments

Talk to her and tell her she's not so bad and that millions of people do it all over the world. It's natural.

avapaige1234 19

She must have watched Lady Gaga's or Nicki Minaj's music video and confused it for ****.

Watch it with her and reassure her that while hell will be awful, at least she'll have her whole family with her for all eternity!!

Your poor Grandma. I had OCD that came out in religion and also I take things very literally. The idea of hell is terrifying. Your Grandma needs help because if she is anything like me (and I understand she might not be), reassuring her that God loves and forgives and that if she has accepted Jesus then she is not going to hell, will help for a bit, but soon she'll do something "wrong" again and worry all over again. I think she might need to take a break from reading the Bible or choose a different church if she is going to worry so much. She needs time to be okay and reading the Bible and things is great but it sounds like she is interpreting it wrongly and also in a very extreme and dangerous way. She could go to the doctor's and get some tablets? She isn't the only one - there are others who suffer in the way she is and it is NOT from God that she is feeling like this. Good luck. This may well not be the only incident. I feel for you too to have to cope with it! Guilt is never from God- it is man-made and largely unhelpful.

That is awful! People should be able to watch **** without The Lord pestering them with no sleep! *sarcasm intended*

This why I hate religion. It causes people to feel bad about having a good time. If there is a god I'm sure they would want people to not feel guilty about sexual things and just enjoy themselves.

Poetaster 10

Hug her an assure her that she has nothing to fear as you have been watching **** for years without him smiting you

She might actually be right.. I think from now on, OP won't sleep either.

as long as everyone else could sleep it should be fine.