By PO'd big bro - 13/01/2015 01:11 - United States - Toccoa

Today, I had to call a few different women and explain to them that my little brother had catfished them. I had to do it because he is mute and my parents were too busy screaming at him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 014
You deserved it 2 277

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Good for you for telling the women, though. They had a right to know, sooner rather than later. Hopefully your parents' shouting made an impression and your brother doesn't do it again.

By the way-catfish means he pretended to be someone he's not and talked/flirted with them.

Comments

I'm confused... there must have been more than just talking and flirting to deserve yelling and phone calls... you're good sibling OP

I'm sorry OP but that's hilarious! How old is your little brother? This sounds like a bored teenager's prank !

Yeah, taking advantage of and scamming people is always hilarious.

TheNiceOne 20

Catfish: To pretend to be someone other than who you are, while dating someone online. (Deceptive)

I'm sorry but if you get catfished you're an idiot. years of only online talking and texting and not meeting is not a good relationship.

It's fairly easy if you never actually meet that person. Online you're going by honesty code alone. How do you know I'm not actually a spider?

Well it's not that hard to download skype. Then we I see you on the other end, viola, you are not a spider. If they don't want to skype or meet you, then guess what stupid? You are being catfished.

I can't talk on Skype because of psychological issues but I'm not trying to catfish anyone, it's always that black and white

Can you not snapchat, send a video, meet in person, FaceTime or call and talk to someone? Cuz if you can't do any of those things I think you are a catfish.

TallMist 32

I didn't want to use Skype for so long because I thought it was a paid-for thing, so whenever I kept getting suggested to make a Skype by my online girlfriend (Now ex, though, but it was still a great relationship for quite a few years, even after getting Skype), I said no to getting it. I wasn't catfishing, however. Just because someone doesn't wanna video chat doesn't mean they're a catfish.

love it when someone learns a trendy word then starts using it like everyone knows what they are talking about.

...You do know there's a TV show on MTV called 'Catfish', right? It's not just some word someone made up for these type of situations and other people started copying them...

MzZombicidal 36

Trendy usually means a lot of people are aware. If not, it's not that difficult to just ask. :P

at least one person family is trying to fix it...

Mute but mischievous. He has a lot of time on his hands to catfish several different women. I see you'll be cleaning up his messes only as he gets older, FYL.

Now's the perfect time to call MTV.

For everyone wondering, catfish is a term for people who go online and pretend to be people their not ( such as fake pictures ) and most of the time start to have relationships with people you stumble upon their fake profiles