By Anonyme - 02/09/2015 04:21 - France - Mitry-mory

Today, I had an argument with my boyfriend who was accusing me of only being in a relationship with him because I'd fantasised about being with an Asian. When I told him he was wrong, he asked me what attracted me to him in the first place. "Your eyes" was definitely the wrong answer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 483
You deserved it 138

Top comments

He sounds super insecure about himself. Dude needs to chill the **** out.

Great job! The female character especially is hilarious!

Comments

i'm sorry but pigtails on an otherwise bald heavy-set woman who insists on using "moonspeak"? I don't know who should be offended more, manga/anime enthusiasts, women, or Asia in general.

Most weeaboo chicks have pigtails because a ton of anime chicks have them

I agree especially since the woman WAS NOT dating him because he was Asian. Ragging on anime enthusiasts is at least offensive to this woman. The artist is clearly projecting some strong insecurities.

curiouslilbird 19

I could see manga/anime enthusiasts possibly being offended at being portrayed as childish, and perhaps the physical appearance is an offensive stereotype as well, but how would women in general and Asia in general be offended? To me the female character in the comic is an exaggeration/caricature, not intended in any way as an example of how real people behave. (I speak as a heavyset female who only occasionally watches anime, though, so perhaps I'm not as deep into the subculture and thus am not as offended as others may be.)

JustinJK 21

projecting strong insecurities? haha. Biggest BS ever. faux psychologist alert.

Hey well, The Wind Rises is a pretty good movie! :D

The characters look great, it's a very funny illustration. I only wish it had been drawn with the panels going from right to left, like traditional manga.

TheLostCauseFML 40

I thought the story was funny, and the Illustration piece was just great!

Symantha23 25

Omg I LOVE the Totoro picture in the illustration!

The Totoro and Sailor Moon posters are genius indeed :)

I think the comic is mean-spirited and not very funny. Horses for courses, though.