By could be an fml commenter - 13/04/2013 17:26 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I got the chance to speak to some of the top academics in my field. I was so hungover that I couldn't remember the title of the Masters degree I've spent two years studying for, let alone make intelligent comments. I'm pretty sure the only thing I got right was my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 687
You deserved it 108 226

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow you really deserve it this time, my friend. Next time, lay off the alcohol the night before a meeting like this. You really messed it up and I have no sympathy for you.

You only get one chance to make a first impression, and you blew it. I'm sure you made quite the impression. If you're going to act like an idiot in front of people, at least do it drunk, not hungover.

Comments

YDI for getting wasted and hungover before an important thing like this. Guess common sense isn't that common.

Come on, you HAD to know that wouldn't have turned out well. It's such a clearly bad decision I don't even know what state of mind you had to be in to make it.

I'm not going to lie, but I spent a good 30 seconds trying to read this fml with a Canadian accent.

I'm not going to lie, but I spent a good 10 seconds wondering why you thought anyone would care whether or not you were going to lie.

Shortay123 14

#16, If you look closely it's actually under miscellaneous. Hence the ?

superxmario91 11

Don't drink and lecture next time

And that is how alcohol delayed me from getting my Masters Degree. Moral Lesson: Don't drink more than you can handle before a big meeting.

SystemofaBlink41 27

Considering how you couldn't pull through being 'hungover' instead of drunk, there might be a slight chance you got your name wrong too...

FML_14u2c 14

A girl I knew got so drunk once that she told people at a party that her name was "furner." (It was actually Jennifer...) With Jennifer in mind, I can only imagine what name OP gave those important people.

I usually don't say this but you really do deserve this OP. Think about it next time.