By no - 25/06/2016 02:31 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I got in a huge fight with my pregnant wife because I cannot consent to naming our future daughter Paprika. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 596
You deserved it 1 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let me guess. You and your wife are known as Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper. Remember to name your son Cinnamon when the time comes.

Maybe she could have grown up to be one of the Spice Girls

Comments

Mortoli 30

genius. what anime though? i recall it but not certain lol.

Oh how i hate it when parents do that because it looks "cute" and "original", tell your wife the child will not be a child forever. A 80 years old woman named Paprika ? Erm, no. Tell her your daughter will grow up, go to school and want to make friends, that she will probably graduate and try to find a job and that yes, having a name like that can make it all a lot harder.

A word of advice if you are responsible for hiring and training staff at your workplace: Find a way to review the content of resumes before looking at the applicants' names. A person's name says almost nothing about them. It was chosen for them by their parents many, many years before they became the person they grew up to be. And yet, many hiring managers (myself included) will make judgements based on a person's name. My personal weakness was unique names or names with unique spellings (Teylor, for example). If you toss a resume because you made a judgement based on the person's name instead of the content of their resume, you might miss out on some hidden gems. One of the best people I have ever hired was a young lady named, and I am not joking, Lucifer. She went by Lucy but thought she *had* to put her given name on her resume.

I agree on that, but as someone who is actually named Ophelia, and that is a pretty normal name, i already have trouble doing anything because half of the planet seems to ignore it's existence. I spend half of my time arguing with people who tell me things like "nice try but your joke is not funny" "that's not a name" "okay, you're real name now ? Let's be serious." Coupled with the fact i'm a 20 years old looking 14, almost all the people who don't have a weird reaction to my name say "oh, like -insert that singer i despise." For the child's sake, avoid uncommon named.

What kind of name did that origin come from, A cartoon character

theamazingd 17

*looks at your name* Your name is no. You child is no. Your wife is no. She needs to let it go.

Le_ponderer 14

Lol @ the Meghan Trainor reference. Now the song is on a loop in my head.

Torn between making a blues clues joke or anime joke...

there's an anime film called paprika, it was a spirtual predecessor of the matrix, watch it and maybe you'll like it for a name afterwards^^