By sweet23 - 18/08/2013 11:43 - Australia - Burleigh Heads

Today, I got fired from my job at an age care facility because I was too nice to my residents. My boss told me "They're deaf, blind and about to jump head first into the grave. We don't pay you to be kind." FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 012
You deserved it 3 067

sweet23_fml tells us more.

I think there was a bit of misunderstanding it was just my boss who thought that way, the ladies i work with are the most respectful and caring people i have ever met.

Top comments

Why do people treat the elderly so horribly? They are people too; they've just experienced a LOT more than most.

So are children, teens, married people, single people, and imaginary friends. Your point?

Comments

gavagoul 10

Your boss doesn't have a heart.

That's a bullshit reason to get fired over. Sorry for your loss OP you probably wouldn't have been happy with management like that anyway

in the US, there is an organization called ombudsman who are advocates for elderly, especially in care facilities. if there is something like that in AUS, this is exactly the kind of thing they need to know.

I bet your boss's nickname is Senior Asshole.

3051628 24

I'm sorry OP, but I'm sure things will get better for you in the future. Things always get worse before they get better, and there are many places out there where your being nice will be much more appreciated. Just remember to keep you head up.

skyeyez9 24

The ultimate payback will be when your boss eventually ends up in the same type of nursing home he envisions. Being treated as a deaf and dumb jackass, with no feelings and abused on a daily basis.

aliiballybee 9

Hopefully he goes dead kind and jumps head first into a grave before them poor souls! At least you have a kind heart OP

Then what do they pay you to do there then?

dakotahulsey 15

Report him. No reason for him to be that disrespectful.