This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By HostileFlame - 13/07/2016 02:14 - United States - Warner Robins

Today, I got a call for a job I've been applying to for years offering me a job. Sadly, the interview was for tomorrow, when I'm already scheduled to work at my current job. Instead of allowing me to work something out with my current boss, they said they will call me if they get a new opening. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 600
You deserved it 105

Top comments

Noah98 20

I just would have called in and took the write up, or whatever the consequence is wherever you work.

I tried to tell them I could work something out with my current job, they refused to allow me to. The only reason it even became an issue is because they wanted to hire me on the spot and asked when my availability is if I had another job, so I had to tell them.

Comments

I would have accepted the interview and taken a sick day ( or a personal day or however your current job works those things). If the new job was that appealing/important, you would have made it work. Plus, maybe you should be happy you have a job at all, considering the number of unemployed at the moment. ILYL.

I tried to tell them I could work something out with my current job, they refused to allow me to. The only reason it even became an issue is because they wanted to hire me on the spot and asked when my availability is if I had another job, so I had to tell them.

Noah98 20

I just would have called in and took the write up, or whatever the consequence is wherever you work.

Ydi...for something like that you make it work you showed them that they were working on your schedule and that reminded them of why it took you a year of applying before they considered you

YDI. The job you have been applying to for a year is OFFERING you a job and you can't make it because of your current job? So, why have you even been applying..?

Brutal experience, but it says something about your future potential employer's attitude if they expect you to drop everything and report. If you do it, they OWN you and know how desperate you were to work with/for them. You may have dodged a bullet, but it may take some time to realize that.