By SlowLane - 11/09/2009 21:47 - United States

Today, I got 4 "photo enforced" speeding tickets in the mail. It was from the car that was stolen from me three weeks ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 317
You deserved it 2 836

Same thing different taste

Comments

they still have to prove that you were driving the car at the time. if they can't, then you should argue that the tickets should be voided. either way, get a lawyer.

Start by by calling and explaining the situation. You may be able to resolve the whole matter by sending them a copy of the police report. Also, file a supplemental report with the agency that you reported the theft to. The speeding tickets will at least tell them where your car has been. If the tickets are in the same general area they may be able to make an arrest. Photos of the thief driving your car would really help the police prove thier case.

You shouldn't be responsible for the tickets if it wasn't you. Just provide a copy of your driver's license to show your not the driver.

if you just wrote: "Today, my car was stolen, FML." I would actually feel bad for you, but writing about getting a ticket for someone else, i.e. a ticket you need not pay, just makes you look stupid

stop being a ****** and grow a set. take those tickets and tell the judge your car was stolen. easily fixed stop crying.

honeyishrnkdakid 2

how is this an fml? if your car was stolen and you're not an idiot then you reported it stolen which means anything illegal done with it, including speeding, is not your responsibility. FML for having my time wasted by reading your post.

I used a friend's car once, accidentally got a photo ticket - that went straight to his place. It's an automated process, handled by a separate company/agency. There's been police officers in districts that are new to photo tickets, who are balking that they, too, get tickets - who would have thought? - but there it is. You state your car was stolen. If it was reported stolen, a copy of the report can be submitted to the county, indicating that you are at no fault. Mind you now: it's still a pain in the neck, but at least it is not heavy fines to incur.

newfoundla22 0

you can find out who stole your car by inlarging those pictures.

caomei 0

uuum it's called filing a police report?