By dumpedovergame - 06/07/2009 10:51 - United States

Today, I gave the option to my boyfriend of 5 years to either quit World of Warcraft of lose me. He said WOW makes him happier. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 316
You deserved it 33 877

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This_Guy 0

Girls need to stop giving guys ultimatums. Why can't we have both?

Lemme guess...you never banged him???

Comments

thisishilarious 0

youre a fool and your boyfriend has no life, how can you possibly date him? YDI completely

You're better off without him. WOW is for losers with no lives anyways.

I've got a job, a girlfriend, an apartment, pets, and go out and do fun stuff. And guess what else I do? PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT. Hater. :)

Wow you are a moron. Maybe you should use the very limited amount of common sense that you possess and maybe check something out before you bash it. I know successful doctors who play this game, so are you gonna try and tell me that they have no lives?? Try to be less of a retard.

Making the claim of a person not having a life over the internet is quite possibly the most ironic thing I've ever heard, not to mention the dumbest. "You have no life cuz you're on the internet" Seriously? We're all on the internet. In this case the OP's bf was playing an internet game; same thing. OP YDI for ultimatums and trying to come between a gamer and his games. Either join in, learn to with it, or leave. WoW pwnage

I could say the same about people who watch sports all the time and it would make just as much sense.

flavadog 0

Touché! i really second that, not just in sports, but pretty much every time consuming/obsessing hobbies!

dcstream 0

You're an idiot for giving an Ultimatum. Quit being a selfish ****.

kiit23 0

Ultimatums never end well. I'm a girl who has been playing WoW for 3 years, and if my boyfriend gave me the same choice, I wouldn't pick him. Then again, I'm with someone who wouldn't make me choose. Everyone has things they love to do in their spare time, and just because you dont understand it doesn't make it bad. Either way, YDI. Find someone who you dont need to change.

wearinsexypants 0

When I first started dating my boyfriend of 7 months, he was a WoW player, and I was ok with that because I didn't feel like I had the right to change him when we'd only been going out a little while... Later he decided on his own that it wasn't something he wanted to be doing. You can't change people who don't want to be changed, if you make them do things they don't want to do, they will resent you.

hossgray 0

Most people go through stages.. He'll probably just stop playin eventually.

One: Don't give ultimatums if you can't handle someone choosing the option you don't want. Two: I have a friend who's previous relationship was almost destroyed by WoW. Even as a gamer myself, I've lost a chunk of my friends to hardcore gaming. They refuse to do anything but game, sleep, and go outside only to buy soda and junk food with their parents' money. And if you're not in the garage for the LAN parties that last for months, they don't care about you. I'm not exaggerating. It sucks hard and I want my friends back. Judging by how long your relationship has lasted before now, I'm sure things have gotten incredibly bad when they weren't originally. That said, I'm sorry you had to lose him to a game, but ultimatum is still something you probably shouldn't have pulled out. Three: Then again, if he's just started to play just a little bit more than usual and you pull this? That's unreasonable and I wouldn't be surprised if every gamer told you to take a hike.

You must have had too few drops for way to much trash...

I'll take you in if he dumps you. Actually, why are you still with him? Dump him if you haven't already and take me :D