By shs - 21/10/2010 19:43 - United States

Today, I found out the memory card our engagement photos were taken on has been corrupted, so all the images are lost. The guy who took the pictures said that this has never happened to him in the eight years that he's been a photographer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 091
You deserved it 3 279

shs_fml tells us more.

actually the technician the photographer works with determined that it may take 4 months to recover them. there's no guarantee that it would actually work though and it's extremely expensive.

Top comments

lol well if that isn't a sign your marriage is doomed I don't know what is!

102 - I don't understand why you'd be stuck paying for it if it's not your fault. Sure, it's expensive but you didn't cause the film to corrupt. I'd fight it.

Comments

I think it's a sign. Wanna go out sometime. It's not cheating... the relationship is over anyways.

You know there're progams out there that might get the lost pictures back, try google.

YDI for taking engagement photos. if you're whining about this, I hate to see what kind of bride you'll make..

the guy who took my cousins wedding photos got mugged on his way home and camera n memory cards were stolen! and so were her wedding memories

As someone who owns a Photography Business, these things do happen, but OP you should gave signed this thing called a contract. In it, loss of product and acts of God should have been covered. Have the photog try to recover the pictures, but if he can't ask for a reshoot. as much as a refund would hurt him, bad PR in a small town would hurt worse.

You can buy card recovery program off the Internet that gets the files off the corrupt card! The same thing happened to me after a photoshoot! good luck!

I don't understand how the last sentence in this FML is relevant. It's just useless information...

No. It tells you that the photographer has a flawless track record for the 8 years he's been working.

Some should still be retrievable...it's rare they're completely gone for good.

iheartbreak 8

Most Computer Shops can recover things off of messed up cards or crashed hardrives. They usually can't get every last thing, and it costs money, but if the pictures are that treasured, then it's absolutely worth it.