By shs - 21/10/2010 19:43 - United States

Today, I found out the memory card our engagement photos were taken on has been corrupted, so all the images are lost. The guy who took the pictures said that this has never happened to him in the eight years that he's been a photographer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 091
You deserved it 3 279

shs_fml tells us more.

actually the technician the photographer works with determined that it may take 4 months to recover them. there's no guarantee that it would actually work though and it's extremely expensive.

Top comments

lol well if that isn't a sign your marriage is doomed I don't know what is!

102 - I don't understand why you'd be stuck paying for it if it's not your fault. Sure, it's expensive but you didn't cause the film to corrupt. I'd fight it.

Comments

jayAZ 3

each flash card comes with recovery software...it is possible to get some photos...tell (second rate photographer) to go to someone who cam recover the photos from the drive.

hcovballer247 0

engagement.... Not wedding.... Chill

Engagement photos? OP, if you're whining about losing "engagement photos", I'd hate to see what kind of Bridezilla you're going to be. If it means THAT much, reschedule another date with a new photographer. Problem solved. (flippin engagement photos???)

man you can retake those photos but be sure you don't use him for your wedding..

engagement photos? really? YDI bridezilla, get several photographers for your wedding, to avoid the same thing happening. corruption happens sometimes, it's only happened to me once in all my years also, but it happens, also bad photos happen, so several photographers will give you more of a chance of getting 'perfect' ones. Surely, it's the time that counts... not the ENGAGEMENT photos?

WTF is up with everyone acting surprised that people get engagement photos? A lot of people get engagement photos. They're used for cards, save the dates, gifts for the wedding party, and a general first "family" portrait of the couple. Even the couples I've known who are on a budget generally have someone take a few shots of them at the park or something after the engagement is announced. Is that really shocking and unusual? I can only guess that several of you have never actually been involved in a wedding party. Having engagement photos done hardly makes her a bridezilla.

Yes, but to have engagement photo's indicates that they both knew about the engagement beforehand, generally I find that proposals are a surprise for the bride. Unless of course the groom took the initiative to arrange for a photographer to be there beforehand. In which case what is she moaning about, she still has a thoughtful lovely fiancée

that's not what engagement photos mean! they are not taken during the proposal.

As OP said, generally engagement photos are done after the proposal. I'm friends with about five couples, all of them have have involved the proposal being a surprise, but they've all done engagement photoshoots.

Did anyone at your engagement party take photos? I thought that usually some else brings their camera to important events too.

I agree with some of the others. Was there not a way to save a backup?

We recover deleted and corrupted data for customers at work regularly, and with free software from the Net. Learn how to use Google before bitching.