By Anonymous - 28/01/2011 04:24 - United States

Today, I found out that I have to reschedule my upcoming honeymoon because my office will be understaffed that week, due to the boss going on vacation right after my wedding. Oh, yeah, and he's in my bridal party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 998
You deserved it 2 701

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Asynja 4

That sounds like something my boss would do. "My life and plans are much more important and meaningful than yours, because I make more than you." What a stand up guy, a real team player.

Dibman 3

I think your boss needs to take a look around and realise he is not the centre of the universe. What an asshole, really.

Comments

Doyle911 0

what an ass!!! his name isn't Don is it, maybe we share the same boss j/k

Asynja 4

That sounds like something my boss would do. "My life and plans are much more important and meaningful than yours, because I make more than you." What a stand up guy, a real team player.

OKay, so once upon a time, there was a lumberjack named taffy. Taffy was a very tall lumberjack who liked to chop down trees. So I really guess I should not have worn that ghillie suit on stilts. Straight to the point, can someone help me remove a battleaxe from my rectum?

Why would a lumberjack have a battleaxe? If you try and chop down a tree with a battleaxe, you'll break the axe in two blows.

It'd be a true FML if you found out your boss was going on vacation with your wife after your wedding...look on the bright side of this. Now you can slack off the week after your wedding, then go on your honeymoon and do even less work. That's like 2 weeks of no work, which seems better than one. :)

I mean husband not wife...oops just realized OP was a woman. Unless OP is a lesbian...

three3_fml 2

I'm actually a little torn on this one. No one has sympathy for bosses simply because they are bosses. This chap must be decent if he was asked to be in the bridal party. What if he has a holiday already planned and booked like a family cruise or something else that can't be rescheduled? It's possible OP didn't request the time off with enough notice to ensure adequate staffing. Around the time of our wedding, my husband and I had so much going on that he forget to take the wedding day off and I forgot about leave time for the honeymoon. Everyone in the world does not schedule itself around your wedding, OP. Life is still going on. FYL and all that but suck it up.

I agree... Most places, you need to get approval from your boss to go on vacation. Either the OP did, in which case she should be all set to keep her plans - or the OP did not get approval and scheduled the honeymoon without checking with the boss first, and that's just dumb. I mean, lots of people don't even take their honeymoon right after their wedding anyway, how is the boss supposed to know unless you ask for it off?

is your boss's name Steve Carrel? (or however you spell his last name, the boss from The Office)

That's what you get for marrying your boss...

if your request is approved (hopefully you have a written request that is signed and marked approved) then your good. otherwise, it's not a big deal to reschedule the trip. don't let it ruin your day.