By tinaburrito - 26/01/2010 21:33 - France

Today, I found out my bank account was in the negative because my work gave me a check that didn't clear. I went to my bank to get a statement of charges so my job could reimburse me. They told me requesting a statement costs 8 dollars, which I don't have because my account is in the negative. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 230
You deserved it 2 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Scamandius 0

You don't have 8 bucks in cash?

do you bank with chase? because they're a load of bullshit. I hate those assholes. but, that sucking sucks. also, you don't have online statements? cause if you did you could just print them out from home...

Comments

Nkasi87_fml 0

I don't understand why a lot of people are surprised the OP doesn't have cash. Well consider that the OP might have spent his/her $ on paying bills and was waiting to get paid to get some spending cash.? Regardless people be more understanding of other people's hardships. I am sure that those saying the OP deserve his or her current situation would not be saying the same if it happens to them.

oldcreeper 0

woot my first comment.... where's the 13yr oldz who want secks

If it has to do with charges created by a payroll check bouncing then the bank or credit union is required by law to give you a FREE statement of charges incurred by the faulty deposit. They cannot charge you for a statement if it is to amend a deposit. It's part of the protection insurance banks have through FDIC.

Why are they asking you for eight dollars if you are in France? I would guess that most people in France do not have American dollars on them. Your bank must be extraordinarily harsh. That would be like my bank demanding 800 Japanese yen from me. You should switch to a bank that only conducts customer transactions in the local currency.

@FerrariCake, ObadiahtheSlim When you post on FML with no location added, FML defaults to putting Nord-Pas-de-Calais. It does this if you post from an iPhone, or an IP address that isn't tied to a location, I think.

OHHHHHH... THAT's why so many FML's come from that one place in France. I just assumed there were a lot of unhappy, unlucky people in one dysfunctional little French town. Thanks for clearing that up, even if it does invalidate my comment.

gatorgrl1988 0

Sounds a bit fake. $8 for a statement? Plus using US currency in France?

captainmaharet 1

What the hell bank charges $8 for a statement? It's either Chase or Capital One that charges $5 for calling customer service.

worldjudge 0

I used to work for assholes who did this with every check they wrote. Go to your local Labor Commissioner.