By Bella0304 - 06/09/2014 18:02 - Canada - Boucherville

Today, I found out I'm allergic to our new cat. My mom said she'd rather get rid of me than the cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 588
You deserved it 4 177

Bella0304 tells us more.

Hi, OP here..for those of you wondering I'm 16 years old and my mom doesn't want to get rid of Buffy (my cat) and honestly neither do I! My mom keeps saying shed rather get rid of me instead of the cat..lol I know she's probably joking and she loves me...but never get in between a woman and her cat!

Top comments

In Soviet Russia, cats hate you! ...Also everywhere else.

That's really harsh. Although, I also think it's parent-speak for, "I think it's time you got a house of your own"

Comments

That sucks op I remember when I was 7 or 8 around there my family got our first pet which was a cat and that's when we found out I'm allergic we were gonna take it to the pound but it ran away I feel your pain tho

Hi, OP here..for those of you wondering I'm 16 years old and my mom doesn't want to get rid of Buffy (my cat) and honestly neither do I! My mom keeps saying shed rather get rid of me instead of the cat..lol I know she's probably joking and she loves me...but never get in between a woman and her cat!

There are a series of shots that should be able to get rid of your allergy.

Comet_Candy 23

You can also try bathing the cat. You're most likely allergic to the dander produced by its skin.

Next time she says that just say "Ok.." and disappear for a few days.

Don't worry. I'm also allergic to cats. I'm starting to grow out of it and maybe you will too. Try giving the cat a bath in baby shampoo. It's not harmful and it might make your allergies go away like it did mine.

it could be complete bullshite but I am supposedly allergic to dogs and cats. I have 3 dogs and 1 cat. I believe after a while your body adapts.

You could try going on clariten and brush out the cat and give it a bath and vacuum often. Im slightly allergic to my cat, but doing these things helps a lot. Oh, and clean the litter box often too. I sneeze most when the litter box needs changed.

ChildrenOfFilth 12

That's good or bad depending on how old you are, OP.

I'm allergic to cats, but I have four of them anyway. All rescues, so how can you say no? Bathing helps a lot and keeping their fur brushed to get the loose hair off. Usually it's not the cat themselves but their fur and things that get stuck in it. Good luck!

Well then she can pay for allergy shots and medicine for you.