By Bella0304 - 06/09/2014 18:02 - Canada - Boucherville

Today, I found out I'm allergic to our new cat. My mom said she'd rather get rid of me than the cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 588
You deserved it 4 177

Bella0304 tells us more.

Hi, OP here..for those of you wondering I'm 16 years old and my mom doesn't want to get rid of Buffy (my cat) and honestly neither do I! My mom keeps saying shed rather get rid of me instead of the cat..lol I know she's probably joking and she loves me...but never get in between a woman and her cat!

Top comments

In Soviet Russia, cats hate you! ...Also everywhere else.

That's really harsh. Although, I also think it's parent-speak for, "I think it's time you got a house of your own"

Comments

martin8337 35

Cats (and dogs) are better than kids because they don't talk back to you or only call you when they need money.

RandomPickle 9

It's messed up that she said that but it's a pretty easy fix. I found out I was allergic when I adopted my cat but I love him so much that I just decided to get pills. I actually don't even have to take it every day as long as I keep the excess cat hair/dander cleaned up

I love kitties.. I played with a bunch outside at lunch because I found a bunch of kittens and one tried to get in my shirt.

AnyaS 19

Cats > humans. They own us. Seriously though, I was born severely allergic and three times a doctor told my parents to get rid of our three cats. They never did. My allergies still suck 27 years later. But I love cats all the same.

If it's a kitten you could try training it to take a bath with water. It will help with allergies, since people are allergic to cat dander, not cats. You could also take pills. Really, it's a pretty easy fix OP.

skyeyez9 24

Since the cat is staying, here are my suggestions: make your bedroom a cat free zone. Keep the door shut at all times. Get a hepa air filter for your bedroom (there are small desktop sizes). And shower before going to bed at night. You need to shower to wash any cat dander on you and make sure to wear clean clothes to bed.

MountainGiant87 15

My kid or my cat.... hmmmm. Pretty sure I'd go with my kid every time.

Do kids these days not know how to take a joke? I'd keep the cat too, christ. Buy some antihistamines and put your Pampers back on.

I guess your mom is fed up with your consumptions