By WordBea - 26/10/2015 23:39 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, I found a crying little kid alone in a park. I walked around with him for a bit to try to find his parents. When I found his dad, all he did was take the kid and menacingly leer at me until I left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 520
You deserved it 1 372

WordBea tells us more.

WordBea 23

Hello - OP here. I was helping at an event when this happened. First of all, I'd like to say that there was no way the kid just wandered off. His dad was in a parking lot looking for his stuff in his car at least 200 meters away. He just had his head up his ass. Second of all, I know it was wrong to not call the police or at least get some adult involved, but I'm only 14, and so I guess I wasn't jaded enough yet to realize any predator in the vicinity might see that as the perfect opportunity. For what it's worth, though, I saw a very close resemblance between the two, so at least that's something.

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

You'd think he'd be grateful you weren't some weirdo or something... You did the right thing, OP.

He should have been grateful!! Good job at being a good Samaritan OP!

Comments

This exact thing happened to me, except it was the mom leavin her kid on a bench while she was doing laps around the park. WTF kind of logic is that? I resolved to simply calling the police, should I come across a situation like that again. Who knows, maybe ill even throw CPS in there, too.

You did the right thing OP. That guys a dick.

msmedieval 11

You should've immediately called the cops. The asshole sounds like an unfit parent.

orios105 18

we live in a society where most people would of thought u where a pedo. smh. u did a good thing OP

Sandman2015 12

Yep, it's a catch-22. If you help the kid find his father, you're some sick weirdo. If you leave the kid there crying you are some heartless asshole. Take your pick, because there is no option C.

Redgy22 26

Always call 911. Let the police handle it. Stay with the kid, but walk anywhere with him/her. Even when the parent shows up, wait for the police. You never know the whole situation. No good deed goes unpunished.

You did the right thing just think the dad was into stranger danger with you being with him

teribaby89 9

What an asshole... Reckless and irresponsible