By greasyhair - 07/09/2009 20:25 - United States

Today, I finally figured out why my 5 year-old daughter washes her hair every day. It's because she doesn't want to have "yucky greasy hair like her mommy." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 954
You deserved it 47 352

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I thought washing your hair every day was a normal thing.

well at least you are teaching her about hygiene

Comments

OperationNicole_fml 0

To all the ignorant people out there, hair should not be washed every day. It is recommended to wash your hair no more than 2-3 times per week, unless it has a greasy disposition. I can easily go 3 days without washing my hair and it will look perfectly clean. That said, if the poster's daughter noticed that her hair was greasy then she indeed should wash it more often.

pickwick716 0

You're an idiot. I'll bet if anything 90% of people need to wash their hair at least once a day to make it look clean. I'm sure on occasion you can let one day slide but after that, no. And maybe you just think your hair looks clean.

How dare you just assume this person is an idiot, If you would like facts, actually you might be right that that many people have to wash their hair that often to keep it clean, but that is due to their hair producing excess greese as they washed their hair too often before. just because your "culture" says it is bad not to wash your hair everyday, doesn't make it true.

You are calling someone an idiot based on a statistic you pulled out of your ass? Stunning.

It's not ignorant. Some of us HAVE to wash our hair everyday. My skin is oily so at the end of the DAY my hair looks greasy. If I wash it at night then in the morning it looks greasy. Not everyone has dry skin like you. On the plus side for us oily-skin people, you will get wrinkles earlier haha.

MrsYummy42198 0

Actually it depends on the person but me personally I wash my hair twice a day

wait, so you're saying you finally figured out that your 5 year old has better cleanliness than her mother? wow, way to parent

Lol @ everyone saying you're supposed to wash it everyday (with shampoo, I'm assuming). That's just silly, you're going to overdry your scalp. Weeks without is obviously stupid too, but there IS such a thing as balance...

And you can achieve that by washing it every other day...

I know that's what they say, but I've been washing my hair daily my entire life and I've never had a problem. the human body is far to versatile for something like this to actually matter that much.

CL41RE 0

32, I agree. If I wash it two days in a row, it's all dry and frizzy. I wash it every other day and on the second day it looks better. I see some people might need to wash it more because they have greasier hair but they shouldn't tell other people what to do.

36, it doesn't matter now but it will affect the health of your hair as you age.

There is something you can learn from her...

Owned by you're daughter. YDI for raising a brat

raising a brat, there is nothing to indicate that the comments were of a bratish nature, just that her daughter feels she can be honest with her, that has to be a good thing.

washing your hair to much gives you greasy hair.... your supposed to wash it every other day.

Hmm... how do you think you would get greasy hair? From not washing it enough, which would make it DRY. Or washing it too much, which would make it greasy from so much shampoo and conditioner? and you call ME the moron.

ghostgirll 0

um, it's the other way around. washing your hair too much makes it DRY, not washing it enough makes it greasy. because when you don't wash your hair the natural oils in your scalp or whatever take over. when you wash your hair, you get rid of them. maybe your hair is just rebellious.

ryansims 0
sublime93 0
Bored_2_Death 0

Mwahahaha... Voldemort, Voldemort, oh Voldy Voldy Voldy Voldemort

Whirling_Kumquat 0

idk what this had to do with anything, but its a win

It had to do with Snape's nappy ass grease-head, which directly correlates to the FML /inner geek

Amysbodybetrayal 0

What is that mysterious ticking noise? xD xD This chain of comments has inspired me to go watch that video again. WIN!

redblueviolet 0

I've found the source of the ticking! It's a pipe bomb!

Singin' our song, all day long, at HOOOOOGGGWAAAARRRRTTTTSSS!!!

BioMajor12 0

Ew thats gross, do you not shower every day? Its called personal hygiene. Try these things called shampoo and conditioner.

do you happen to have short hair? I have very long hair. it's around a metre long. I wash my hair once 3 days or so, after which it looks oily. it takes maybe 2 hours to dry, and it looks pretty bad during the day I wash it. it looks best a day or two after I wash it. it is very clean, and people often comment on how "my hair smells good".

washing your hair once a day is not basic hygiene. it's overdoing it. or maybe something for people with short hair. it could damage, too, as others said before. (also, you can shower without washing your hair...)