By XoXonedirectionXoXo - 23/06/2012 22:21 - United States - Eden Prairie

Today, I fell asleep while on the toilet at work. When I woke up, I tried to quietly sneak back to my desk, only to be caught by my boss. He immediately sent me packing and gave his "best wishes" for me in the unemployment line. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 261
You deserved it 32 400

Same thing different taste

Top comments

obviousboy 8

YDI simply because of your username.

xoxokelsey11 5

How long could you have been sleeping in there? Must've been comfortable.

Comments

I'm very skeptical that this is all you were fired for. It seems YDI, based on what you have posted, you were just irresponsible and fell asleep at work. Someone mentioned that is "time theft", I agree completely. Hopefully, you take your next job more seriously. In this economy, there are plently of ppl out of work eager to actually work at whatever job they are given.

burntbeard 4

unfortunately that's the way the cookie crumbles. I'm sure this wasn't her first incident she could be a chronic bathroom user. I wouldn't want an employee who spends more time in the bathroom then at their desk.

And sue OP's boss for what? It seems, to me at least, that OP's boss did nothing wrong in this situation, certainly nothing punishable by law. He just did his job of making sure his employees do theirs... Even if you're in America, you can't sue for everything, sometimes something is just your fault. OP: YDI.

Gotta love the lawsuit mentality. OP screwed up and deserved to get sacked. Sometimes in life, you have to just suck it up and admit it's YOUR fault, and nobody else's.

Sounds reasonable, you were wasting company time. I know my company has a policy against sleeping on the clock, only on lunch since it's unpaid.

jessicawuvsya 0

One of my moms friends fell a sleep in a store bathroom me and my friend hade to wate in the car for hours when a guy with a ski mask walked in we thought the place was being robed my friends niece was playing with her phone and dialed 912

I’m guessing grammar isn’t your strong suit?

Depends if the OP fell asleep by accident or on purpose. If it was an accident they should've maybe got a warning or a disciplinary but not the sack. Otherwise yeah, it's a legit reason to be fired.

That's what you get for liking one direction