By Mangled Shoelace - 02/02/2017 23:00 - United Kingdom - Renfrew

Today, I embarrassed myself by screaming for help in a crowded mall when my shoelace got stuck at the top of the escalator. Someone behind me kicked the shoelace and it came out easily. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 197
You deserved it 2 085

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Good thing it did come free, because if your foot got stuck in your shoe when the escalator tried to pull it under, it could have fractured or twisted something. Also, ignore the people making fun of you, they probably wouldn't handle the situation any better. They'd probably handle it worse, even.

Sounds like you were pretty tied up there, OP!

Comments

species4872 19

So it worked calling for help, they could have laughed.

haileyjot 1

Considering how things went for the girl in final destination, I probably would have freaked out as well. :-)

OP here. That girl from final destination was ALL I could think about!

Don't worry, OP. I'd panic too if that happened to me.

Ever seen the scene in Final Destination when that very thing happens? You had every right to freak out, OP.

There were at least 2 reported deaths in China from escalators malfunctioning and eating people after they got stuck... I would hope the safety standards are higher in the UK but I would still freak out...

That does sound scary, I would have screamed too.

the dude who kicked your shoelace just saved your life

the dude who kicked your lace out is the real mvp

GIJoefan 6

Ah so there was an escalator scene in that series. Now if I could only remember which number.....

Winchesterbride 9

that is a nightmare i had when I was a child.