By Noname - 02/03/2009 18:52 - Canada

Today, I decided to be a good driver and not run through the yellow light. As soon as I stopped my car another came and rear-ended me. The guy told me to go in the parking lot so we can exchange information. So I drove into the parking lot, I turned my head and watched him drive away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 579
You deserved it 7 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It doesn't make you a good driver for stopping at a yellow light when you could've gone through. It makes you a douchebag for stopping short and causing the guy behind you to bump you.. of course he's a douchebag too for running away. I guess everyone's a douchebag in this story

Xinxinix 0

Ohh god, the guy should've realized you were stopping because your break lights would've shown. He was probably riding up on your tailgate so far that when you went to stop he crashsed into you. Then he decided to be a jackass and take off leaving you there.

Comments

Dr_Phil 0

#1 - If you're following too close to someone to stop when they stop, then you're at fault.

_Elizabeth_ 0

I don't think it would have made you a bad driver to keep going with the yellow light..but it does suck that the person left without exchanging info with you. Comeuppance shall go his way!

this is why you never do stuff like this. I'm assuming you have a cell phone with a camera. next time, try taking a picture of the persons license plate ASAP so that way if they drive off, you have their information

#1 Gotta say I think the biggest douchebag is you. Legally speaking, yellow means "stop if you can without slamming on your brakes." My aunt actually got a ticket for running a yellow light once when stopping would have been perfectly reasonable considering how far back she was when it changed. And to the OP, it sucks that happened. That's why the first thing I do whenever something happens to me involving another driver is get their license plate number. Hope you did, too!

@ #, I don't think you know how to drive at all.

@1 This just in, YOU are the douchebag. For various reasons: 1) if you crash from behind, it is your fault for not driving at a safe distance; 2) yellow means: stop OR go, depending on your safety assessment of distance/speed/time. 3) given 2, if there is a car between you and a yellow light, it is sensible to stop - you don't know what the other driver is gonna do, so you should go safe. Assume the other driver is stopping, and plan to stop too. I, for one, drive at moderate speed and stop at most yellow lights. If you hear end me on a yellow light, I'm gonna spank you.