By oww - 05/09/2015 01:25 - United States - Tekonsha

Today, I came to work with a huge hangover after a night out. I work as a marching band director, and guess who I had to conduct a sectional with? That's right, percussion. My head still hasn't stopped throbbing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 758
You deserved it 28 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Like I've got nothing against recreational drinking, but if you knew what was coming up I can't really sympathize. It'd have been different if you had been scheduled last minute and couldn't have known your plans, but as a conductor you know your schedule

Comments

As a member of marching band, I do feel bad for you because I've had to share a room with the battery at band camp, but you probably shouldn't drink too heavily the night before doing anything that involves band students lol. But seriously YDI for not thinking ahead.

Sure, it's a little ydi cause you chose to drink, but setting that aside, oh man, that SUCKS. I prob would have about-faced and walked on out of there so good job hanging in there.

As a percussionist myself, you should've thought ahead.

myoukei 31

Drink more water next time op :P

TomeDr 24

Hold up. Where was the Section Leader? They're the ones who usually hold sectionals, at my school at least.

At my school it was the band director that ran sectionals.

We have Section Leaders that lead the sectionals at times. But we can schedule times where the director will lead sectionals. Other times, during class, or during band camp, when the whole marching band splits up into sections, the section leader will lead while the two drum majors and direct will all walk around and work with each of the sections for a short period of time. Other times each larger section had a drum major or the director for the whole rehearsal until we combined as a whole at the end of the day. Just depended on what we needed to get some that day.