By Aggressive - 24/07/2013 13:12 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, I came back from vacation only to find my 16-year-old son was throwing a party with over 30 kids in our house. My 33-year-old sister was having fun dancing on a table. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 345
You deserved it 6 443

Aggressive tells us more.

My son had to clean up the mess, and pay for any damages, also he's grounded for a LONG time. Hopefully he'll learn from this. At the moment, my sisters still too drunk to be reasonable, I'll have to speak to her when she's sober. As for the kids at the party, most of their parents have been notified!

Top comments

Obviously he should be punished but now that you know that he drinks maybe you could be more open to him doing it in the house? When my granny found out I drank at 16 I was allowed to have a drink or two at a family get together but nothing serious like spirits. Anyway letting him find out his limits is good because you don't want to be the parent of the guy who comes home, vomits in the sink and sleeps on the kitchen floor at 19

Comments

To everyone who is calling OP lame: forgive me, but if you honesty believe that, you clearly have ZERO respect for your family, your parent's belongings, your OWN belongings or yourself. There is no way I would have thrown a party in high school or at any point in my parent's house. Why? Because I realized and accepted that my parents paid a lot of money for the house itself, the refurbishment, the furniture, etc etc , loved those things, and also that they were not mine to destroy or put at risk of destruction. Grow up, naysayers. OP, props to you for notifying the other parents. Maybe this will be a lesson to all of those kids that high school parties are not worth it and never really have been. Also I give you serious high fives for making your son clean up everything. Keep up the good work momma :)

Zimmington 21

You think Op's son planned for people to come over and break stuff? What if he just planned for a few people to have some drinks and but it got out of hand?

I, as a 16 year old, host parties every week. nothing breaks

I hosted lots of parties in my parents house and been to many more as long as someone is in control of the party things don't have to be damaged even when alcohol is involved

Dang you never were invited to parties in school where you lol!? Telling everyone to grow up when all they saying is he is a teenager let him have fun!!! Any normal kid has partied I know my kids probably will!?

adblackwell 6

Lighten up. They were having fun

julfunky 29

To everyone who keeps saying the sister is awesome or cool: she is over 30 partying with a bunch of 16 year olds. That's sad, not cool. I couldn't stand partying with 16 year olds when I was 16, sure as hell won't be doing it in my 30s. Oh, and OP's snitching? Yea, she told the parents, not the cops. I'm pretty sure they'll get over it so everyone saying she was out of line should get over it too.

Axel5238 29

Lot of kids forget or don't realize if something happens at the party(like someone getting hurt) the parents would be legally responsible. Also, if the cops had gotten called they cold get in a lot of legal trouble. I'm sure any parent would what the OP did. THose that think she was too hard on him gotta grow up.

Best kids EVER! You raised some good kids. They know how to party !

Can't bring myself to ruin the perfect 50000 on the first button