By Aggressive - 24/07/2013 13:12 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, I came back from vacation only to find my 16-year-old son was throwing a party with over 30 kids in our house. My 33-year-old sister was having fun dancing on a table. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 345
You deserved it 6 443

Aggressive tells us more.

My son had to clean up the mess, and pay for any damages, also he's grounded for a LONG time. Hopefully he'll learn from this. At the moment, my sisters still too drunk to be reasonable, I'll have to speak to her when she's sober. As for the kids at the party, most of their parents have been notified!

Top comments

Obviously he should be punished but now that you know that he drinks maybe you could be more open to him doing it in the house? When my granny found out I drank at 16 I was allowed to have a drink or two at a family get together but nothing serious like spirits. Anyway letting him find out his limits is good because you don't want to be the parent of the guy who comes home, vomits in the sink and sleeps on the kitchen floor at 19

Comments

smartkid33 3
nurchok 15

I love the Irish. They can drink and they can party...

That's when you sneak out. Call the cops. And get the place raided.

chocolatefrog28 29

I imagine if things really got out of hand, the sister would have taken care of things. If the worst that happened was finding someone dancing on a non-standard dance floor and everyone had a good time, it's time to take it easy.

As long as they weren't drinking, doing drugs or having sex in your bathtub I don't see the problem? it was clearly supervised and they no doubt would have been cleaning up afterwards. Get up on the table and get jiggy with it OP.

It's Ireland not Australia I'm pretty sure 16 is legal drinking age there. Besides u Australians drink with the best of em

Actually the legal drinking age for. all Commonwealth countries is 18. And what does my countries drinking habits have to do with this post?

Ireland isn't part of the commonwealth but yes the legal drinking age is 18. Most people start at around 16 though so yeah there was probably drinking. Drugs and sex probably not.

In Canada (actually part of the Commonwealth), it varies by province. Most are 19, and a couple are 18. Please don't comment unless you know your facts.

33 qualifies as "over 30" at the party. I couldn't go. I'm under 30. Sad face.

At that point you just fetch yourself a drink, get on the table and dance with your sister.