By 11Karma11 - 04/02/2015 23:35 - United Kingdom

Today, I called my boss a "fucking retard" for doing something insanely stupid, only for him to find out 5 minutes later that I did exactly the same thing. I'll never hear the end of this now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 111
You deserved it 43 132

11Karma11 tells us more.

11Karma11 4

Hey. I'm the OP. I just signed up for an account - probably should have done that before I posted the FML. Anyhoo, my boss and I get on well and we make a habit of insulting each other. I work in a convenience store and my boss had over-ordered the chilled products, so he was trying to rearrange the fridge in the stock room to make everything fit. As I walked past, I noticed that there was a rather big box of cakes (which obviously don't need to go in the fridge) so asked him if he put them there. Which is when I started hurling insults at him! Of course, it became apparent a few minutes later that I'd also put a box of tortilla wraps in there! I don't know why I called him the "R" word. I haven't used it in years. I dropped any words that I found offensive from my vocabulary when I had my daughter. It's just being in a different environment, where the banter with the other staff is a bit more offensive than in the rest of my life. Good fun though! And of course I said it to his face, I would never, and have never said anything behind his back that I haven't already said to his face at least half a dozen times! And, I obviously deserved it!

Top comments

Why would you ever talk to your boss like that? That's your fault, OP.

ToySoldier92 7

Neve bite the hand that feeds you, even if they deserve it. YDI.

Comments

I can feel all the hate coming, you really shouldn't openly admitt over the internet to using the word "retard". YDI.

Weird, I was offended by the word "*******"

I hacksaw246 here by admit in front of all my internet peers to using the word "retard".

I use it all the time, too. Hell, just yesterday I had to use my distributor wrench to retard the timing on a 1986 Chevy Camaro. Also, the kid down the road.. He... meh.

0degrees of timing... never go full retard. CARMEMES!!!

I guess your boss must have trained you.

You guys must have a close relationship.

That's what I was thinking. I joke around with one of my bosses like this all the time, it makes going to work seem a lot better.

Yeah, it seems like they must since the boss is just going to tease them to no end about this instead of immediate termination. I do love those kinds of work environments, though, they make the work day at least a little fun.

If "******* retard is the worst thing a person could say in jest in the work place, they wouldn't survive 10 minutes at my work. The people I work with are a little rough around the edges so the more you're insulted, the more they like you

YDI completely. watch your language next time, and be careful with your words.

Am I the only one who just wants to what exactly they did in the first place?

How did you not get fired for that? What job do you do OP? I'm wondering if it would be okay for your coworkers to speak the same way.

SoullessSolace 12

Openly ridiculing someone for any reason is just asking karma to bite you in the ass. YDI