By 11Karma11 - 04/02/2015 23:35 - United Kingdom

Today, I called my boss a "fucking retard" for doing something insanely stupid, only for him to find out 5 minutes later that I did exactly the same thing. I'll never hear the end of this now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 111
You deserved it 43 134

11Karma11 tells us more.

11Karma11 4

Hey. I'm the OP. I just signed up for an account - probably should have done that before I posted the FML. Anyhoo, my boss and I get on well and we make a habit of insulting each other. I work in a convenience store and my boss had over-ordered the chilled products, so he was trying to rearrange the fridge in the stock room to make everything fit. As I walked past, I noticed that there was a rather big box of cakes (which obviously don't need to go in the fridge) so asked him if he put them there. Which is when I started hurling insults at him! Of course, it became apparent a few minutes later that I'd also put a box of tortilla wraps in there! I don't know why I called him the "R" word. I haven't used it in years. I dropped any words that I found offensive from my vocabulary when I had my daughter. It's just being in a different environment, where the banter with the other staff is a bit more offensive than in the rest of my life. Good fun though! And of course I said it to his face, I would never, and have never said anything behind his back that I haven't already said to his face at least half a dozen times! And, I obviously deserved it!

Top comments

Why would you ever talk to your boss like that? That's your fault, OP.

ToySoldier92 7

Neve bite the hand that feeds you, even if they deserve it. YDI.

Comments

ToySoldier92 7

Neve bite the hand that feeds you, even if they deserve it. YDI.

Why would you ever talk to your boss like that? That's your fault, OP.

Something tells me he didn't say it to his face. Perhaps he just said it to some coworkers.

But the boss must still know OP said it, otherwise it wouldn't really matter if the boss found out OP did the exact same thing.

littleteapot 21

The last sentence makes me think they're a little bit closer than your average boss/employer relationship. Like they tease each other. My boss, coworkers, and I tease each other and joke a lot. Though we try to save the profanity for when we're off the clock.

11Karma11 4

Not all work places are as PC as an office. Not all bosses lack a sense of humour. OP, be prepared for the inevitable piss take you're about to cop

He is your boss. Why would you try to piss off the person who can make your life a living hell. Ydi

Most employers would consider your behavior grounds for termination, so you should just be happy you aren't fired.

Merylwen 24

He'll probably be fired soon with this attitude. I really want to know what this really stupid thing was!

Him and his boss are just close so it was banter between them

At least you didn't lose your job. Lesson learned moron

You had the YDI after "******* retard" and every word after that only made you deserve it even more.

Well, now don't complain if you get fired, idiot.