By jenjam - 05/07/2012 00:50

Today, I bought a home at a bargain. It will need 5 grand in repairs to fix plumbing and electric, but it's mine. When I pulled up the listing to show pictures to my friends, there was a new listing that was in the same neighborhood, and a larger, nicer house that is move in ready. Same price. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 129
You deserved it 5 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have 30 days to back out of the contract. Have a go at trying to get out of it.

perdix 29

Aw, don't feel too bad. You only overpaid by five grand. Once you learn that the faulty plumbing caused 50 grand in foundation damage, then, you can feel bad.

Comments

It sucks but now u can make that home u bought yours

That's how I feel about my Apple products -_-

gitaly101 3

Wow. Maybe you should do a little research before buying a house.

The_F3rris 11

Everything happens for a reason. Be happy

solosohigh 15

sometimes a realtor will list a house for way less than it's worth in order to get a multiple offers quickly. the buyers then end up offering more than what the house is listed for and closer to what the house is worth in order to compete with the other offers. it seems that is what is happening here. I doubt it goes for that price.

That house that you are looking at may seem nicer and newer but it could have hidden flaws that will make your repairs look like a good deal . Life's short don't sweat the small stuff , it may seem like a big deal now but in the long run its just small stuff - I've beaten Cancer three times so I appreciate everyone and everything and don't worry about what I don't have .

SmittyJA24 26

Perhaps you need to work on your negotiation skills. Before you buy your next car.

Don't think of it as a loss. You bought this place when it was available and you can not predict that a better deal will come up in the future. Put the money into it and enjoy it, you own it.

perdix 29

Open up a meth lab right next door to the larger, nicer house. You'll drag its value down while raking in some sweet cash until you get busted or it blows up.