By jenjam - 05/07/2012 00:50

Today, I bought a home at a bargain. It will need 5 grand in repairs to fix plumbing and electric, but it's mine. When I pulled up the listing to show pictures to my friends, there was a new listing that was in the same neighborhood, and a larger, nicer house that is move in ready. Same price. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 129
You deserved it 5 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have 30 days to back out of the contract. Have a go at trying to get out of it.

perdix 29

Aw, don't feel too bad. You only overpaid by five grand. Once you learn that the faulty plumbing caused 50 grand in foundation damage, then, you can feel bad.

Comments

Wow. Try to see if you can get another loan. Two is better than one.

No it's really not. That's 2x the expense.

41: It does if you plan to become a real estate baron someday.

41: It does if you plan to become a real estate baron someday.

And somehow I've accidentally triple-posted. **** this app.

does a real estate baron drive a lebaron?

There is always something better around the corner. Stop looking around and be happy.

That sounds like it should be on a hallmark card

2- that's like the exact opposite of what you said before, lol.

You have 30 days to back out of the contract. Have a go at trying to get out of it.

Yeah I'd back out of it and go with the new one. If its move in ready and the same price why not do it? Save 5 grand. But remember, the bigger the house the more taxes and utilities it will cost!

perdix 29

Aw, don't feel too bad. You only overpaid by five grand. Once you learn that the faulty plumbing caused 50 grand in foundation damage, then, you can feel bad.

DasHaas 9

If you keep looking to what you could have instead of appreciating what you do have, you'll be coming back to this site every day for the rest of your life to complain.

Totally. Plus, if you do any of the repairs yourself, you'll have a connection to the place you'll never have with the other one

Luunatic 13

And you never know, that ready to move in house might have flaws you didn't even know!

lolnatalyloves 9

Stop the process and put an offer on the other house.

rcgirl2 11

Is there a way you can change your mind about buying the jacked up house and buy the move in ready house instead?

Or maybe the other house has something wrong with it that you aren't aware of?

Or it could be in short sale, which means the odds of it selling at that same price are low. Not to mention you get caught up in the process for months with a big chance of sellers gutting and trashing place on the way out. Grats on the new home op.

metaphoristic 8

There might be mold or water damage in the other one. Youve gotta be somewhat skeptical when buying your own house.