By Anonymous - 25/09/2012 22:35 - United States

Today, I asked my husband to watch our daughter while I ran a few errands. While he treated himself to a long nap, she decided our fish needed a bubble bath, and squeezed out an entire bottle of dish soap. I came home to bubbles all over the floor, five dead fish, and one sleeping husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 220
You deserved it 3 044

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Since the fish are already cleaned, may as well have your husband make dinner. Fish, anyone?

Sounds like your husband will be sleeping with the fish.

Comments

First sentence explains your mindset: "I asked my husband to watch our daughter..." You don't need to ask your husband to watch his daughter. He's a parent, not a babysitter. You should have just said, "I have to do some errands. I'll be back later." Asking him, like he's incapable of being a father, will only result in him not giving an f. You have a poor perception of him anyway; why should he bother to do anything responsible. You're setting him up for failure with your low expectations of him. Now that you've beaten his ego with your controlling behavior, he just doesn't care anymore. That doesn't completely excuse him for not watching her closely that day, but it's obvious he's had it being portrayed as the stupid, irresponsible dad and husband. Was this the man your married and fell in love with? The one who couldn't watch his daughter for a few hours. I doubt any woman would marry a man like that. The more you control and belittle him, the more he's going to change into an immature, deadbeat dad. Asking him to watch your child...wow. Maybe you should stop feeling superior to your husband and act like he is responsible and has a brain. You will be surprised how he will step it up. Not many people will like what I just said, including OP. But if you want a responsible husband, treat him as such. Or your marriage will never last.

shawnagreenbean1 9

Are you for real? It could have been simple like "Hey, I'm going out, keep an eye on -insert child's name here-" more like letting him know she was leaving and wouldn't be there to watch their daughter so he has to, you know? I'm not sure why everyone's getting so hung up on how she worded this FML. Anyway, dad made a mistake. Parents get tired! Kinda irresponsible, yes, but that doesn't call for being after his head. It could have ended more tragically than five dead fish and a soapy mess, but it didn't. So settle down, guys.

I don't know whether to say that your life sucks or you deserved it for putting a man in charge...

I learned this lesson when my kids were small! I'd never leave them with their Dad, Dads sleep & let them do whatever! Mine are grown now but, I still remember the last time he "watched" them for me! It was a disaster!

OhMeShell 3

My brother did this when he was little. He said "the fish needed a bath."

cryssycakesx3 22

why do you have to ask your husband to "watch" his kids?

you have every right to be mad he should have got off his butt and watched her while you where gone