By Anonymous - 02/10/2009 04:46 - United States

Today, I applied for college graduation. Turns out my advisor screwed me over and now I'm 1 credit hour short of getting my degree. Now I have to wait another semester and pay $3,500 just to take a one hour class on Bowling so that I can graduate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 795
You deserved it 6 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jchansfan 0

That sounds rather fake. 3,500$ for Bowling? Why would you even need a class on Bowling for college? Now that the serious part is out of the way... With only one class I guess you'll have a lot of SPARES. :P Maybe you should protest it and start a student STRIKE. :P Well, looks like that's another 3, 500$ in the GUTTER! :D

wow. i wouldnt do that. i would tell them its just an hour credit and try to work it out. try to talk to the people and get help. but that sucks.

Comments

It happened to a friend of mine too, but that was because she didn't pay attention to the number of hours she was getting in her electives. I made doubley sure that I had my elective hours add up to what i needed.

One credit is costing you 3500? Are you sure you're not taking a 3 credit course to cover it? If so, your school's pricing is ridiculous for part time.

I was juuuuuust thinking this. There's something wrong with that school!

Hunnibum 0

I have heard of students who were told by advisors they would be fine, and then they couldn't leave schol with all their classes in the amount of time they wanted to. Why else are advisors being paid with our tuition? Anyway, you shouldn't pay full tuition just to take one class. Is it really 3,000 something for one? I know here ..one class is like 900 bucks.

I say YDI. You're a big boy, and you should be able to keep track of things like this. You should have know you needed a PE credit.

jessamused 0

My sister and I have a theory that some university's do this on purpose in order to screw more money out of you. I don't think you deserve it, but i DO think that you should have paid more attention to your course. and double checked the paperwork, etc.

weekdays 0

I'm betting this was UTK and they do shit all the time. The program they use to keep track of your hours FREQUENTLY is wrong. It categorized a sociology class I took as an ENGLISH credit. So basically, the credits are ****** up. And a PE credit isn't required, but they are often only one hour or so. OP, if you are at UTK, just apply for a half term PE class THIS semester.

wow yeah I'm sorry YDI. this is why I keep a log of all the classes I've taken, all the classes I need to take, how many credits I've taken and how many I need. guess you didn't learn that in college, huh? maybe they'll teach you that in your bowling class.

man so many YDI's. I wonder if they realize just how frequently it happens. not to mention how frequently they will change the degree requirement without really telling you. happened to everyone I know atleast once.

He never said that it was $3500 just for the 1 hour. The $3500 could be factoring in money for staying campus, technology fees, meal plans, etc. Of course paying for a meal plan with 60 minutes of bowling a week is still pretty stupid but just throwing that out there.

Glam_fml 0

That really stinks. I swear, some colleges do shit like that on purpose just to squeeze a couple more thousand out of you. Although I guess you should keep track yourself, but I don't either so I can't condemn you for that. Of course, I switched my major twice so I have no idea where I'm at as far as graduating.

I love how you don't keep track of your credits, have no idea where you are in terms of graduation, and yet are absolutely sure that colleges switch things up on students to screw them out of money. You, my friend, are what's wrong with the world today.