By Anonymous - 31/03/2009 09:08 - Australia

Today, I accidentally pressed the panic button under the register at work. I didn't even know we had a panic button until the cops showed up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 521
You deserved it 16 141

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bee4594 0

Wouldn't they let you know there was a panic button in the first place?

Comments

they didn't tell you when you started? wow, talk about incompetence. what if you needed it and didn't know it was there?

hahah you aree so stupid!!!!!! there is a panic button everywhere!!!!!!!! thats not a ****** life... thats a ****** brain you dumb ass....

SVelasquez 0

Probably should have asked if there was one. You'd think they'd tell you this stuff just in case.

yeah they deff should have told you but no big deal, i'm sure it happens all the time

hahahahha I did that too. It was in the mgrs office though so I probably shouldn't have been in there anyways LOL

theswarm666x 1

that should have been the first thing they trained you in. i was once retraining an employee at subway. i assumed he knew about the bait bill due to him working for 3 days before i was working with him. when i was on the register i noticed the bill was missing. apparently he gave it to a customer for change. i told him i am going to be in the back waiting for a call from the cops. he was like why? i told him what he did and told him every step to take... i guess sometimes you got to learn by experience.

bollywood_rocks 0

To the ones saying it's not legit, it hasn't happened to you. FYI, not all panic buttons are red. Some are painted to fit in with the paint job of the counter or wherever it is so robbers are not clued in. When those cops come squealing into the parking lot with their blue lights and sirens on and you're sitting/standing there going "can I help you" without having any idea what you did, it becomes an FML. Add the fact that the boss will have to come in at an ungodly hour(mine was around midnight) to clean up your mess, then it becomes a bigger FML. Oh and you also get written up for costing the company unnecessary money whenever that button gets hit. The cops charge for the visit and the alarm company charges for it too. That adds up to one big FML.