By Anonymous - 31/03/2009 09:08 - Australia

Today, I accidentally pressed the panic button under the register at work. I didn't even know we had a panic button until the cops showed up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 521
You deserved it 16 141

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bee4594 0

Wouldn't they let you know there was a panic button in the first place?

Comments

Alex_Marie 0

I did that too, but I didn't press it hard enough so the cops were a no-show. I didn't know what it was. They are supposed to tell you and your manager can get in some serious trouble for not telling you what they are.

Oh, I am glad that I wasn't the only one who was special enough to do that. I actually did that on my second day of work- its amazing that I didn't get fired. =D

McKay_fml 0

I feel you! There was a panic button at my till when I worked at a grocery store and no one told me what it was. Mine was little and black. I almost pressed it, then got yelled at.

I once pressed the panic button on my car remote, while cops were near by. They thought I was trying to steal the car....

Virgin_Tea 0

When I was like 10 my mom worked at a Pawn Shop and I was sitting at her desk and i saw this little white device that looked like one of those key chain flashlights when you press the button. So I pressed on the buttons, and nothing happened, and I kept pressing them, and finnaly set it down, thinking it didnt have batteries. 5 minutes later an officer came in with his gun drawn asking what happened because they got a call for a deadly robbery. I was so terrified, and everyone was like, "Who pressed the button???" I never confessed. :O I havent told anyone that I ever did that either.

alwaysalady 0

I worked at a fast food joint and I knelt under the counter to retrieve a roll of dimes, and I hit my head on the panic button, slicing my forehead open. The cops came, and the drove me down the street for stitches at the urgent care. I never heard the end of it. (I was also the manager.)