By samaram - 04/06/2013 06:47 - United States

Today, during a series of violent sneezes due to a cold, I bit my tongue. My tongue is now so swollen I cannot close my mouth and am drooling profusely. I have to get ready to go to my job as a cashier. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 980
You deserved it 3 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

here's your chhhhhaanggge *spits everywhere*

Oh, no bueno! Maybe you can pass it off as recent dental work?

Comments

U shouldn't go to work as a cashier sick u will make all ur customers sick and if u work at a grocery store u r touching food

Thanks for the laugh. I was having a shitty morning till I read this. Well, hope your tongue recovers, and that you got through your day.

avapaige1234 19

Today, I went to buy some groceries. When I went out of the store, I was already wet with saliva and snot all over my body and groceries. Some cashier people should have just stayed home. FML

perdix 29

You mean you won't be able to ask every customer, "Did you find everything you were looking for?" Hallelujah! I hate when they ask me that! Do I really have the choice to say no, and have them hold up the line as we search for my missing items? You'll be a better cashier with the swollen tongue. If people have ******* coupons, they'll flop em out without your coaching -- time-wasting crooks!!!

So perdix, how do you REALLY feel about coupons? No no, don't hold back. Share your feelings with the group. Were you attacked by a coupon as a child?

perdix 29

#20, it's the people who try to use expired coupons, or didn't buy the required amounts, or who try to get the discount applied to a different item that make my blood boil. They get so irate when the cashier tries to protect the store from blatant theft. And they waste my precious time!

perdix 29

Many cashiers are independently wealthy and take the job for ***** and giggles.

You can still afford to take one or two days off if you have to. And if your tongue is too swollen to be able to close your mouth, then you can't talk, and if you can't talk to customers you can't really work. I recently had to take two weeks off from my cashiering job because I couldn't stand. I really couldn't afford it, but I didn't have a choice. This is why you save money when you are working. I used some of my savings to pay rent, and I let myself get better rather than go to work and make it worse.

I'm sorry that your sick OP, but when you are in job where you interact with huge masses of people like retail and hospitality, then it's probably best you stay home. Exchanging money is actually one of the most common ways to spread viruses...so...um...thanks for the cold?

Probably a good day to call in sick.

If you're contagious and go to work, especially in a retail environment where you handle cash, you're a dick. Period. Passing off your cold to your clientele is great customer service. On the plus side you've got more than one reason to stay home from work.

Stay home, try ice for the swelling, and relax!