By georgiamarshall_ - 09/01/2013 10:42 - Australia - Sydney

Today, at work, a little girl came in and asked if we had any dance clothes. As I showed her, I asked if she was in a competition. When she said yes, I crossed my fingers and told her I hoped she would win. Unfortunately, I didn't cross them properly and I accidentally gave her the finger. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 399
You deserved it 34 157

georgiamarshall_ tells us more.

Hi all! Original poster here. I understand most of you don't think it's possible to accidentally stick your finger up instead of crossing them, but it's kind of an in group joke with all of my work friends that we flip the bird to each other. I guess habit took over! I am so ashamed, but at least she didn't realise what it meant and her mother wasn't around!

Top comments

Well, let's hope she's too young to know what it means.

I'm still trying to figure out how crossing your fingers looks anything like flicking someone off. Sure you weren't subconsciously resentful? Working in retail can do that to people.

Comments

I did something similar at my graduation. My dad has it on film and he was very offended!!

I moderated yes to this fml...it feels great when it made it to the home page

I just hope she doesn't have to dance to the itchy bitchy spider

chriswright1888 10
perdix 29

I find the phrase "giving the finger" a bit odd when the indirect object is a girl. Remember that Sly Fox song "Let's Go All the Way?" I thought the line went "slipping her the finger," when it was really "sitting like The Thinker." I'm not sure whether my hearing is bad or I'm just dirty. Anywho . . . what were we talking about?

RedPillSucks 31

drying in the cold sun watching as the pretty panties run Heey Aqua Lung!!!!

perdix 29

#40, it's "frilly" but otherwise, yours are the right lyrics. Mine are a complete ****-up!

Making references to other FMLs is really starting to get old. Although people are still going to thumb them up anyway.

insertnameherr 11

34 Honestly one day FML may get old to some of us..

I'm still trying to understand why you would need to cross your fingers at all... Do you really care that much if she wins or not??

Ok never mind my comment.. I completely took that the wrong way.