By georgiamarshall_ - 09/01/2013 10:42 - Australia - Sydney

Today, at work, a little girl came in and asked if we had any dance clothes. As I showed her, I asked if she was in a competition. When she said yes, I crossed my fingers and told her I hoped she would win. Unfortunately, I didn't cross them properly and I accidentally gave her the finger. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 399
You deserved it 34 157

georgiamarshall_ tells us more.

Hi all! Original poster here. I understand most of you don't think it's possible to accidentally stick your finger up instead of crossing them, but it's kind of an in group joke with all of my work friends that we flip the bird to each other. I guess habit took over! I am so ashamed, but at least she didn't realise what it meant and her mother wasn't around!

Top comments

Well, let's hope she's too young to know what it means.

I'm still trying to figure out how crossing your fingers looks anything like flicking someone off. Sure you weren't subconsciously resentful? Working in retail can do that to people.

Comments

notepie 6

Big whoop! How is that a **** my life? It was a little girl who probably didn't understand!

how is crossing fingers become flipping off a little girl

Nah- you were just telling her she's "number one."

Looool dw OP shit happens! Hope you apologised :)

If you don't like the comment I do believe theres a button you can select to express your feelings.

How many other people tried to improperly cross their fingers after reading this FML? I did.

That's a massive fail.. And it doesn't even make sense how you mistake that to where you were flipping her off.