By poor teacher - 23/09/2013 17:54 - United States - Syracuse

Today, at my job as a fourth grade teacher, I realized that most of my students have far nicer and more expensive phones than I can afford. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 412
You deserved it 3 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nolimit2217 32

I bet you're better spoken than them though!

What the **** kind of ****** up country do you live in where the average elementary school teacher only makes $51,000 a year, but the average professional baseball player earns $3.2 million? Which is more important? Which is more influential? My daughter's teacher is one of the most important people in her life right now.

Comments

YeaSo3 14

Only in America. where our educators are so undervalued. .and our children...bless them for they know not what they do...from one teacher to another I understand

I understand that. I 25 year old high school math teacher in one of the lowest paying states in the country. My students drive nicer cars and have better laptops than I will ever have. I eat Ramen.

At least you are teaching young minds and molding there futures that's way more rewarding then a phone my hats off to you

Well... I'm a 14 year old freshman and got my galaxy in 8th grade... some people earn it, you know? I went to work at my parents restaurant and maintained a high grade to earn my smartphone. before that, I had a flipphone and a messaging phone without text (I got my first phone in 3rd grade because my parents were at work all day). remember, nowadays technology is everywhere. we depend on gps and texting to track kids. when you were kids, there was no 911 or sandy hook.

You worked at your parents' restaurant and maintained a high grade -- good for you. Don't you think someone working on their feet all school day with snot-nosed 4th graders, unable to leave the room to pee if they have to, has earned it?

If the teacher wants an iPhone the teacher can have an iPhone. It's all about prioritizing what you spend your monies on. I could be running alienware computers or driving a BMW. But personally I'd rather have a cheap slide-out keyboard phone that comes free with my contract and a smallish cargo SUV that I can use for work purposes.

At my school all the sixth graders have iPhones. I'm in ninth grade and I don't have an iPhone.

Stoodle 9

One time, after months of saving up my money, my dad took me to best buy to finally get my iPod touch. As they were removing it from the display case my 8 year old sister starts throwing the largest temper tantrum imaginable, saying I was spoiled everyone hates her. My dad had no choice but to buy two $200 iPod touches, severely hurting his savings. My sister hates it to this day. She touches it literally once a month.

doglover100 28

Why did he give in to her demands? Good for you for saving up.

SystemofaBlink41 27

I had my first cellphone when I was 11, but it was because my parents wanted me to have communication avalaible. I couldn't have been happier with my new phone, even if it was simple. I never dared ask for anything more because I knew my parents were doing their best, and I cannot be more grateful to have such awesome parents. I was never into that fancy stuff, anyways, so it's not like I had to bite my tongue and watch jealously over other kids, because I didn't care. What really gets to me is when a kid's parents gives everything they can for them and they still think they deserve the world. I've seen people my age complain over their brand new iPhone because the new version came out with some stupid little update. For the love of all that is holy, stop being such inbred fucktwats and be grateful for what you have.

Must be working at a nice school spoiled kids these days

Don't worry I am sure you're helping them pay for them

This generation eh? I find it sad that children that young already have cell phones. Think of how much childhood they've already been robbed of. Just be glad you're a part of the smarter generation OP. material items aren't everything