By Anonymous - 03/06/2009 05:40 - United States

Today, at my graduation for my high school GED, my parents said they were getting all my family and my girlfriend together. So we all went out to a steakhouse down the road, everyone ordered steaks. Turns out the 'surprise' was me paying. I only got 50$ grad money, and the bill was 159.98. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 856
You deserved it 5 022

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kuroftw 0

You should have climbed out of the bathroom window and bailed :) hehe.

Comments

Well, getting your GED probably wasn't very hard. Nonetheless, your family making you think they were taking you out to dinner and then sticking you with the bill is pretty cold. Hopefully you realize your family is a worthless group of scum, get a decent job, and leave them behind. Unless you get a sincere apology from them, forget them. Good luck on the next chapter of your life, and I hope you can further tour education with a college degree.

ozymandias_fml 0

#36 Getting a GED means you dropped out of high school, not completed it.

I disagree with #9, I am the only one of my six siblings that has a proper High School degree, and they are all doing much better than I. A GED is the same damn thing as a High School Diploma.

ozymandias_fml 0

#40 -- they got $50 for dropping OUT of high school, not graduating... #44 -- no, it is not. It means that you could not even do something as simple as pass high school. It is a permanent black mark on your record, even if you go on to college. Sad that you are being out performed by high school drop outs. FYL, indeed.

particrashr 0

I definitely agree with number 9. If you had passed high school the first time this wouldn't have happened. YDI

testing_fml 0

For all of those dissing the OP about dropping out of high school and getting the GED, you have a big **** YOU coming to ya. You know, there are times when people have to leave school - but at least the OP is trying to make something out of their life. Not everyone is privileged. I was lucky with the private high school I went to, but I'm allowed to, and will sympathize with this person. They're trying to do something, and with the GED, they'll be able to move on. There are plenty of people who drop out for crap reasons (drugs, alcohol, etc.) and never go back and their life is a downward spiral that they can't get out of, and they make nothing of their life. About the money: I wouldn't expect a lot, but $50 is low. However, @ OP: that's scummy as shit to make you pay for it. Unless, at the same time you were working. I bet you're the only one in your family trying to make something of your life, so good for you. Get a job, work up through the ranks, and eventually rub it in your family's face.

love4all4 0

Your family sucks. I can't believe your family did that!

dude there's nothing wrong with getting a GED... you guys are asses. and so is your family, OP. FYL

Gabby125 0

YDI for flunking out of real high school and having to get your Good Enough Degree