This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By iwannamovenow - 07/05/2017 16:09

Today, at 1:30am, my roommate's boyfriend rang at our door, as he has for the past six nights. She says she doesn't want to go downstairs to open the door for him and she can't buzz him in unless he rings the bell first. There goes my sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 776
You deserved it 417

Top comments

Lucky O'Guin 18

Just tell them that just because she is too lazy to go open the door doesn't mean you have to deal with their idiocy. Tell him you'll report him for disturbing the peace or solicitation.

Disconnect the buzzer secretly before going to sleep. And then propose the two idiots use texting.

Comments

Get up at 4 am every morning and frantically ring the bell. After about a week it should stop.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You should've of said I guess he's not coming in.

Ask maintenance to replace the bell ringer in your apartment with one for hearing-impaired people, that has a light and a loud actual bell (not a buzzer or piezoelectric device). Install a small switch in it to disconnect the signal to the bell ringer coil when quiet is desired. Tell the boyfriend to text the roomie before he gets there, and you just turn off the bell at night. He texts, he rings, light comes on but no bell, roomie buzzes him in, you stay asleep, everybody happy.

KrazyKatz3 26

You have to wake up at half 1 hear a bell and then roll over and go back to sleep? That doesn't sound bad...