This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By iwannamovenow - 07/05/2017 16:09

Today, at 1:30am, my roommate's boyfriend rang at our door, as he has for the past six nights. She says she doesn't want to go downstairs to open the door for him and she can't buzz him in unless he rings the bell first. There goes my sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 776
You deserved it 417

Top comments

Lucky O'Guin 18

Just tell them that just because she is too lazy to go open the door doesn't mean you have to deal with their idiocy. Tell him you'll report him for disturbing the peace or solicitation.

Disconnect the buzzer secretly before going to sleep. And then propose the two idiots use texting.

Comments

Disconnect the buzzer secretly before going to sleep. And then propose the two idiots use texting.

"She says she doesn't want to go downstairs to open the door for him and she can't buzz him in unless he rings the bell first." How is texting going to change either of those problems?

He could text her when he's outside and she can buzz him in. Would stop him ringing

It isn't. But disconnecting the buzzer would teach her to move her ass.

Druu 53

I came here to say "Disconnect the doorbell," but you beat me to it. Kudos to you, sir!

She's not his girlfriend, she's his hollaback girl.

Sounds like such a healthy relationship that she doesn't even want to get up to talk to him.

Lucky O'Guin 18

Just tell them that just because she is too lazy to go open the door doesn't mean you have to deal with their idiocy. Tell him you'll report him for disturbing the peace or solicitation.

Why not get a key for him? That way he can come in on his own. If not, disconnect the buzzer.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Never give someone who's not on the lease a key. Relationships go sideways all the time and people can be petty. I'd rather they be locked out than file a police report for theft or damage.

chickensheep 15

Stick some foam or something over the buzzer to muffle the noise.

thehaystackerine 20

then don't let him in, ******* hard is that

Wait until she is in a deep sleep, then wake her to discuss the matter. After about the 3rd time it should stop.

D_D 11

Looks like he won't be getting in, then.