By Anonymous - 10/01/2011 17:16 - Australia

Today, an old man started telling me about the high price of meat. I told him I wouldn't know, since I'm a vegetarian. His reply was, "Oh, most vegetarians are slimmer." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 919
You deserved it 8 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Blue_Eyed_Beast 7

How do you know if someone is a vegetarian? Don't worry, they'll tell you...

Ninjafriends 1

He should know that cows eat grass, and are still fatties like you.

Comments

Try cutting down on processed carbs. Also, as convenient and yummy as faux-meats might be, try to avoid them. They're the vego equivalent of maccas. You can make veggie patties yourself, and that way you know exactly what goes into them.

Old people are a bit tactless. He MIGHT have been getting at the points that vegetarians tend to look malnourished (or at least in his opinion). Although he wouldn't have hesitated at indicating that you were fat (you might be, i don't know)... he's old, he doesn't care about what people think anymore, we're all 5-year-olds to him.

I realized that my comment made no sense to the FML after posting, my bad, sorry. The old man probably just meant you have more meat on your bones then most vegetarians. That is healthy than being freakishly thin.

honeybee366 0

all the vegetarians I know are fat

piinkdutchgiirl 0

and.. how many girl u know that are + size that arent? im not overweight and vegi

I'm vegetarian (trying to b vegan), and I'm not stick-thin either. The "all vegetarians are stick thin" stereotype can get really annoying. I'm a size 12, naturally, so I just ignore people's comments like that.

I'm a vegetarian and I'm not fat but that's pretty f*cked up

I'm a vegi, but I bearly eat processed food like junk food. mostly naturally grown organic food.