By ohfuckwaffles - 29/01/2013 05:28 - United States - Bremerton

Spicy
Today, after much self-doubt and awkwardness, I learned that I look amazing in a little black dress. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to tell my wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 666
You deserved it 23 433

ohfuckwaffles tells us more.

OP here. Thanks for the support, everyone - I have told her, and, while she's definitely not into it, at least she doesn't plan to leave me over it. To those of you wondering whether I'm a transvestite, a crossdresser, a transexual, or transgendered - there are waaay too many of these names, and it's confusing. How about I explain it this way: I'm a girl on the inside, and I'm still attracted to girls (a lesbian, perhaps?). I don't mind my body, and I don't mind wearing men's clothes (heck, it's what I grew up with), but I'd like to see what more is out there... I've been hiding it and ignoring it and thinking I'm wrong for a long time, but my control is obviously slipping.

Top comments

I have to say...I was NOT expecting that ending. I was expecting the FML to end with something about ruining the dress or some sort of self esteem issue. Lol

Just come out wearing it! You never know it may get her excited!

Comments

Clothes are clothes. Maybe I missed a class in school, but I don't know why men can't wear dresses and women can't wear trousers. Oh wait- double standard society... I forgot. Well, maybe one day we will get our heads out of our asses and worry about things more important than the shape and cut of fabric that a person is wearing.

I can see why it's a problem if he has really hairy legs.

So you want gender neutrality in what people wear? Yeah guys, lets liberate the clothing stores from separate men's/women's clothing departments. While we're at it, isn't it just so wrong that none of the male looking mannequins are dressed in female's clothing and vise versa. I mean c'mon, this is the 21st Century! I think I was born far too late in history…

26, you are what's wrong with our country. Learn to accept others.

Yes. Short of the actual differences between pants and dresses, clothes look similar, both women's and men's. Scottish men wear kilts...they look like dresses, and it doesn't make them feminine, either.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong) Kilts are designed for men, are they not? The issue here is that society is full of gender roles and double-standards. Women are allowed to wear men's clothing, while the opposite is not considered "normal". When someone's wearing a kilt, people assume he's.. Well.. Scottish! However, people seem freaked out by the sight of a man in a dress. I think it's pretty important to take steps toward eliminating the vision of what a certain gender "should look like".

26, jeans and t-shirts look gender-neutral to me, especially t-shirts. Also track pants and sneakers. So as far as I can tell, gender-neutral clothing is already here.

@26 I know! Once we start accepting people's nonconforming gender presentation, who knows what madness will be next?! Cats and dogs, living together out of wedlock! Russians invading Mars! Pastel-coloured unicorns frolicking on school playing fields! It will be chaos! Chaos!!!!! *clutches pearls*

16, Or she. It's best to call people what they want to be called, and not necessarily what they are.

Please change your profile picture. You're making all Americans look ignorant, due to your comment. Also there is absolutely nothing wrong with crossdressing. Most of my male friends used tl borrow my clothes, and go to gothic clubs with me. More people should learn to accept other people, and their decisions in life. I will get off my soapbox now.

baby_frenchie 6

People just want shit to be confusing nowadays. They want to do & be everything. But have a man show up at my house with a dress on, & make up I will shut the ******* door on that fool & retire my lovelife as a Spinster.

hobo1235 15

This is just my personal opinion, but I would feel a little creeped out if I saw a guy in a little black dress... However, some countries do have guys that wear dresses/ skirts like the kilt, and I totally respect that, plus the dresses they would wear are usually below the knee.

You were born too late in history. Mentalities like yours belong behind hairy, sloping foreheads.

#148, That's completely fine. Nobody is saying you cant feel creeped out. However you have no right to tell someone else what or what not to wear, just because it offends your eyes. There are far more important things going on in the world.

Damn you guys are all too pretentious. And if you'd look past your ignorance you can see that 26 is simply stating a very common societal norm. Nothing wrong with his opinion either assholes, just because your so high on your ethical pedestal doesn't mean your opinion is any better than his. With that said, I could care less if a man wore a dress. However dresses are made specifically for women, which is why we have men's and women's sections in stores. And on top of that, the majority of the population will always stick to their gender specific clothes. So if you would stop acting so damn high and mighty in your morality, you might see why gender neutrality clothing is a pretty stupid idea.

Because advocating gender equality and the elimination of social norms is sooo pretentious, 212.

Pants just don't have enough room for you: like that old black and white photo of some kilted soldiers doing a direct assault, the caption said: "When you have balls this big, you don't need pants."

Is that your own opinion about yourself, OP? Because I'd get a second one...IMO (Kill two bird with one stone by asking your wife)

RedPillSucks 31

Yes, but stay away from "does this dress make my ass look fat?"

wlddog 14
DKjazz 20

Oh lord 109, her head will explode! "Is this what I've been asking him all this time?"

On the bright side, you won't get those annoying fake erections that guys get when sitting down in trousers.

bingbongbingbong 11

W.T.F is wrong with you no man could look good let alone amazing in a little black dress or any other female clothing

I'm making a lot of assumptions here, but this being FML, I'm gonna run with it. Firstly, Congratulations. What you did was actually really hard to do. A lot of men couldn't do it at all. Our society makes it really almost impossable to face things that are 'outside the norm' in so very many ways, that is truly insane. Secondly, I'm sorry, it gets harder in some ways... Yes, you need to sit down, with your wife, and hopefully partner (no, not in the dress...) and discuss this with her. Gently. When you do this let her know first and formost that this does not change how you feel about your her and your relationship. You need to let her know that you are still in love with her and all that stuff, you just happen to also like to dress pretty sometimes. It's probably going to be a challanging road, but If there's a lot of love, it should be doable. Don't be afraid to go for counseling (both couples and individual) to help you get through this-someone who will not judge. Good luck to both of you OP.

Who knows, maybe she'll come out and say she likes to wear men's clothing.

All women like wearing men's clothes. We feel a hell lot more comfortable so that's how we are in our homes. So that isn't considered abnormal. Sadly a man wearing a dress is. Courtesy to this society with double standards.

I'm completely against our sterotyping, double standard society too but try not to go too far in the opposite direction. All women like and feel more comfortable in men's clothes and them around the house? No.

I'm pretty sure I'm a girl and I don't like wearing guy clothes. There are plenty of girl clothes that are comfy. I like to dress like a girl, but I try not to judge when others wear the opposite sexes clothing

95 & 178: So you never wear pants? It wasn't very long ago that ALL pants were considered male clothes. It's only because women started wearing them that they (very recently) started cutting them for women. So, if you like your tight skinny leg jeans, congrats, you wear men's clothes.

Actually, I hate pants. I find them all tight and restrictive and they kinda make my legs feel claustrophobic if that makes sense. I don't own any jeans. I have one pair of trousers because I have to wear them for work occasionally but I don't feel comfortable wearing them. The closest to pants that I wear out of choice are short shorts because the no-leg thing makes them not as restrictive as jeans.

Not to mention that, regardless of jeans now being cut to women's shapes, women vary loads and it's still almost impossible to find jeans that actually fit if you happen to have hips or an ass. Not in the normal high street stores anyway.

Shorts are (read: were until recently) also men's clothing.

*sigh* 1. I didn't say I wore them often, I just said that they were the closest to guys clothes I'm likely to wear. 2. I am aware that shorts have been a male thing, otherwise I wouldn't have described them as 'the closest to guys stuff'. 3. Having said that, in England/America anyway, shorts are historically a little boy thing and men wouldn't wear them. More recently, men started to wear them when it was hot. Following that women started to wear them but only they significantly wore short shorts. I've never seen a period of time when it was considered normal for men to wear short shorts. So I'd argue short shorts have male origins but are in themselves female attire. History will always provide links but you have to know where to draw the line - pink used to be a male colour too, but would you try and argue that if you wear pink clothes you're wearing guys clothes? You probably could but I think most people would roll their eyes and tell you that no-one cares that much. In this context, I only wanted to point out that some girls prefer to wear girls clothes over guys, which I did (and the shorts bit wasn't even a contradiction!). Your lessons on pants being for guys (like you thought anyone could actually not be aware of that?) was not needed in the first place.

"I've never seen a period of time when it was considered normal for men to wear short shorts." You weren't alive in the 80's were you?

Men's clothes are more comfortable, sewn together better, have pockets that can actually hold stuff and are only 1/3 the price. I don't even like to wear women's clothing! And all the fashion rules...don't get me started!

Wife's post- today i learned that my husband looks better in my black dress than me Fml.

spliit_fml 8

Hopefully your wife doesn't freak out.

You tell your wife, "hey bitch, I'm gonna borrow those heels. Okaaaay?!" Then snap your fingers... in "Z" formation!

RedPillSucks 31

I'd love to be there to watch Cinderfella slip his size 13 feet into size 7, 5" pumps

Watch "The Birdcage" together with your wife and then-- casually mention that. . . Hmmmm you wonder if you'll make a prettier cross dresser than Nathan Lane's character. >.< . Perfect timing to ask her to help zip you up. (: