By Anonameow - 02/01/2016 16:57 - United States - Fairfax

Today, after driving for four hours to visit my best friend for the New Year's break, she still hasn't finished up her Skype conversation and left her room to greet me. She knows I'm here. I've spent the last hours watching YouTube videos with her cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 224
You deserved it 1 809

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Leave. Take the cat with you and head home with your new best friend.

Comments

corky1992 33

Your friend sounds really rude.

Today, that creepy girl who thinks we're best friends drove four freaking hours to hang out with me. I'm pretending I'm on a Skype call until she goes away. I hope she doesn't steal my cat. FML

How did you get in if your friend is so busy? Did the cat let you in or did you have a key?

I have friends like that (I'm from a small town). I ended up sitting and watching them play on their Wii, eat when they got hungry (nothing offered to me and I didn't ask), get pop from the fridge (I didn't know where they kept the cups or I would've gotten some water without having to try to drink from the bathroom sink), and sit and watch movies or watch them play on the computer. I eventually learned to bring a water bottle from home, small snacks (candy) for myself that I could share with them (so I wasn't "hogging it") and craft projects or a book so I would have something to do until I could convince someone to come get me or give me an excuse to go home (one that I wouldn't feel guilty about using and feel like I was being rude for leaving).

I don't know why you waste your time going to visit "friends" like that in the first place.

Small town (technically live in the middle of nowhere), very shy, socially awkward, terrible at making friends, have Tourette Syndrome, have Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (spend a lot of nights vomiting basically), get terrible Abdominal Migraines (like a migraine in your head but in your stomach instead and tied to the CVS), get terrible Migraines (in my head), I don't drink (my Grandpa was a very abusive alcoholic and alcohol makes me VERY sick), and I was always the outcast in school. I learned more about how to avoid people than I did how to make friends. One of those friends is from high school and the other is from where I did my internship for college. Since I don't drink (and am home most of the time because I don't have my license yet because of having to get the Tourette Syndrome more under control and have to live with my parents until I can get my health more in line of what it should be) most people don't want to hang out. I also don't like crowded places, hate to shop, don't really like to watch movies, don't like "amusement" parks, don't like the music from today (I like 50's and 60's, some big band music, and bagpipe music) so concerts are out, I don't like today's "comedy" because of all the cussing (I like Hee Haw), and am very allergic to fragrance (perfume), so going with most people my age is again, out because they want to "go find boys", "go get drunk", or do things that are more "normal" for my age (24). Most are also married and even have kids (and a lot of my graduating class are in jail and some are dead). People tend to not understand those that were raised more old fashioned. I can the stuff from the garden every year, so plans might have to work around that, and we go to car shows every weekend from Mid-April through Mid-October, so weekends are normally out. It also doesn't help that my parents are very controlling (especially Dad) and they don't want me going anywhere that much since I was almost abducted (if that is the right word for someone who was almost 24) recently in my own area while walking to a neighbor's house to take care of some animals.

One of my friends (the main culprit with this) is mentally handicapped and I'm too shy and socially awkward to bring it up about being hungry too, being board, being thirsty, etc. She doesn't have many friends (neither do I), so I don't want to hurt her feelings. We became friends in high school and I consider us friends because it is always nice to have someone.

I also don't like to put myself through pain but there just aren't that many options for people like me. I refuse to tell people that we can't be friends just because I'm too shy to mention that I'm thirsty, hungry, board, and they don't think to ask, especially when they are mentally handicapped. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm this way with family too. I'm so shy that if I am at someone's house and don't know where the bathroom is, I hope I either won't have to go until after I leave (and get back home if they are driving me), or will hold it in until I'm about to burst before I finally work up the nerve to even ask where it is, again, even with friends and family. I also won't tell them that my allergies (which include ones that make it extremely hard to breathe) act up unless it is absolutely necessary and I need to get out of where I am, need to put the window down, or am getting too dizzy to walk on my own. That is mainly because I told my teachers in school several times and my boss (for my internship in college) that I was having trouble breathing (allergy attack from fragrance in the air (people spraying perfume in school and potpourri at internship)) and that I needed some help somewhere until I could breathe (outside at internship and to please take the potpourri out to the vehicles since they were gifts to the actual workers, to the nurse at school) and got laughed at as if it was a huge joke. After that I just went into a "show no weakness" mode, even with friends and family because I don't want to be made fun of again for something silly. "Hurt me once, shame on you, hurt me twice… shame on me" type of thing. I am told my lips "turned an interesting shade of blue" each time I reacted, but it still wasn't serious enough to warrant someone to care. Then again, this is the same high school and teacher that told me I was fine and had me ride three busses to get home that night after being bucked off a horse (and not having any memory if it) and never called my parents even though I was a minor. one was nearly empty and I was sitting alone to go from the barn to that school, I walked to the nurse by myself, then one very full one for half an hour to go back to my regular school, then finally one where I sat in the back by myself for over an hour with absolutely no one around me. The first Mom heard about it was when I told her about it after I got off the third bus. I still don't remember much about that week, I probably had a slight concussion, and broken ribs and did something to my shoulder. I just had to piece together everything from bruising.

take the cat and become the ultimate cat burglar!

You should go home and never come back.

I spent over 500 bucks in plane tickets and rooming so that I can visit a childhood friend only to be ignored for half the trip because he wanted to get laid instead. So I know the feeling.