By royalscenery - 27/10/2010 21:58 - Canada

Today, after discussing the side-effects of an insomnia aid, my doctor said that making a choice was naturally a difficult one, and that he would only prescribe it to me once I'd had "a good, long sleep on it". He then laughed out loud and called in the next patient. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 250
You deserved it 2 833

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh he was just trying to be funny :) If you think about it, he has to visit tons of patients that expect him to be a miracle worker and if I was in that situation I would definitely make jokes to keep my sanity!

Maybe you'll wake up, and it was all just a dream!

Comments

Anaxes 5

Usually sleeping aids actually just make the problem worse, especially when used in the long term.

tmmundy 17
Fred_Fred_Burger 0
Rei_Ayanami 18

I completly understand where you are coming from, almost every single night I spend hours in my bed just staring at the ceiling...

Rei_Ayanami 18

Thanks, Meiler, I appreciate your attempts to comfort me, but it doesn't make it any easier to sleep.

Rei_Ayanami 18

Chaos, I had an honest laugh at that, even if it was a stupid joke.

Anaxes 5

Well, if the bottles said "If used for prolonged periods of time, you will become dependant on these to even begin to fall asleep and you will require even larger doses each time" not too many people would buy them now would they?

Anaxes 5

Some people will try to use sleeping aids as a long term solution to a long term issues like insomnia or the anxiety from a personality disorder. This is where the dependency problem starts.

That's just really shitty practice. Find a new doctor.

Oh he was just trying to be funny :) If you think about it, he has to visit tons of patients that expect him to be a miracle worker and if I was in that situation I would definitely make jokes to keep my sanity!

Tweety122888 0
Anaxes 5

Yeah! If you want to be a doctor you need to have no personality!

Tweety122888 0

i know what thats like. i can go about three days without sleep. benadryl males me jump in my "sleep". he really shouldn't have made that joke he's suppossed to be a professional.