By Badatlife - 23/06/2014 16:19 - Australia - Kellyville

Today, a guy at work pulled me aside to tell me that I probably shouldn't be working a job where I have to interact with customers, because of my autism. I don't have autism. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 886
You deserved it 4 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stuner56 22

People need to think before they speak...

That is NOT something you just assume about people. I'm sorry. :(

Comments

FroggerForReal 11

That's rude as hell. And he doesn't respect the disabled. But why on earth would he think you had autism. Sorry you had to go through that rudeness OP

I'm wondering if OP is a bit socially awkward and the coworker assumed he had Asberger's? (Don't know if I'm spelling that right) Not that it gives him a right to assume or ask such a thing anyway. And people who have Asberger's should still be allowed to have a job and interact with others even if their Asberger's causes them to have trouble interacting socially. It's practice that makes perfect.

mustang19898 16

Even if you did, he shouldn't say that. I have autism, and wouldn't want to be told that.

That's awful, both me and my brother have autism and we interact with people just like anyone else.

And even if you were autistic what right does he have to say something that mean and discriminating?! He should be the one not allowed to interact with human kind

Take your hand out of your shirt pocket.

kamryno 22

Even if you did have Autism it would still be horrible. That guy's a total jerk.

ckcknight 13

Don't be discouraged OP some people have no real idea what the things they talk about are. I hope you made him feel stupid by telling him you are not autistic. I also hope you made him explain why he said that to you. Then, after all of that he felt like crap.

ok hes wrong for saying that so **** his ass

people who don't know what they're talking about shouldn't speak. I have autism and it doesn't mean I'm stupid or can't interact normally with people, it just means I don't unconsciously send the same social signals as other people, nor do I pick up on them from others automatically. I just have to be a little more conscientious than most in social situations, and I do just fine at my job which requires me to interact with many customers daily.