By Badatlife - 23/06/2014 16:19 - Australia - Kellyville

Today, a guy at work pulled me aside to tell me that I probably shouldn't be working a job where I have to interact with customers, because of my autism. I don't have autism. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 886
You deserved it 4 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stuner56 22

People need to think before they speak...

That is NOT something you just assume about people. I'm sorry. :(

Comments

As an autism parent, that's so hateful and distasteful. I hope you or your boss tells him how offensive that was...

How do you know you aren't autistic? Have you been tested?

Even if you did have autism, that comment was completely rude. I seriously hate people today.

QueenofWheels 13

Do you not talk much or just sit and look at people?

maggiefox 25

Even if you had autism, that's really really rude. Wow.

NeneWilliams 8

Though having autism has nothing to do with your ability to do your work... My curiosity is killing me... Do you act like you have autism.? Is there a reason he thinks you have autism.? Just wondering. Sorry OP about your silly coworkers. Everyone has them.

SpongeTheBrain 0

My Aunt has autism but that doesn't hinder her from performing her best.She received the title of employee of the year last year.She learned to ignore there kind of people who also need to pipe down their "views".Even if you had autism doesn't mean that you don't deserve to work there.

Even if you were autistic, that is still a terrible thing to say to someone. I work with a guy who has a moderate form of autism, and he is one the most awesome people (and best worker) I have ever had the fortune to meet.

QueenofWheels 13

That would creepy me out but other people in wheelchairs creepy me out.