Thunder stealer

By Happyunlucky - 20/07/2013 06:31 - United States - Andover

Today, I announced my first pregnancy to my family. Not to be outdone, my sister immediately announced that she "might" be getting pregnant soon. My family ended up congratulating her instead, and asked me if I would plan the baby shower. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 988
You deserved it 3 352

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

sugarbear0727 19

Wow. Sounds like an attention *****. Sorry you have a bitch for a sister.

Tell them no and I wouldn't keep them updated either if they're that insensitive. Celebrate with your inlaws. Congrats! Enjoy the whole process.

There's an attention ***** in almost every family. Just attended the death of a patient, one of the grand kids was out of town, and when he was called he managed to turn it into an all about him moment because he was angry that he didn't get to be there when Grandma died. Sadly, the family seemed to take this as par for the course. Congrats on the baby, OP. don't let your sister take away from your happiness.

I'm. sorry that your family. did that to you. that must of hurt. don't let it get to you to much. just rember. that there is people that are not happy unless. the attetion. is on them all the time

I cant believe the amount of sister on FML that do such stuff !!wow dont mind their idiocity OP, Congratulations on being pregnant ,be a great mother ;)

graceinsheepwear 33

Basically your sister was being congratulated on her plan to have sex.

Your sister is a jerk. Congratulations with the baby!

Anyb0dyTh 8

Keep building your relationship with your family. Not for their sake but for yours. Sometimes stuff like this happens not because they deserve it (your sister is rude) but simply because dishonest people sometimes put more effort into relationships by being outgoing. My own life was like yours but its much better now that I'm making an effort to connect with ppl more. This observation might not apply to you. I'm just saying what worked for me. Cheers. And congrats :)

So your advice is to become dependent on her family members, be dishonest and go out to socialize more while also putting more effort into her relationships? I don't think your 'observation' applies here since you know nothing about OP's life aside from her sister is an attention ***** and her parents are idiots who may or may not favour her sister.

Anyb0dyTh 8

Heck no. Always be sincere in all you do. I would much rather have positive relationships with people who give back to me emotionally. But by going the extra mile with people I have to see (like my family) I still put positive energy into the relationships. And I get a good feeling for knowing I'm doing the right thing. I know I'm the bigger person and that means something to me.