They weren't wrong...

By aginglikemilk - 14/03/2017 18:00

Today, I had a customer tell me that I don't look a day over 39. I'm 35. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 044
You deserved it 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thirty-five or thirty-nine...most people really don't look much if at all different between those two ages. Now if they had said you don't look a day over FORTY-nine, then you should feel like crap.

galacticstorm 6

What happened to the older fml commenters like perdix and mrsassypants? have I been gone for so long? 0_0

Comments

Thirty-five or thirty-nine...most people really don't look much if at all different between those two ages. Now if they had said you don't look a day over FORTY-nine, then you should feel like crap.

galacticstorm 6

What happened to the older fml commenters like perdix and mrsassypants? have I been gone for so long? 0_0

galacticstorm 6

I guess people don't like when you ask questions like this huh?

A handful of people left during the buggy weeks following the site update. They seem to be trickling back in... let's hope it's only a matter of time!

Throughout my 30s people kept saying I'm lying about my age because I look 45. Recently passed 40 and suddenly all sorts of folks asked if the milestone was turning 30

So the person was right! 39>35, ergo you are not over 39.

neuronerd 28

I feel ya. Up until this year, people guessed I was 23 or 24, but then 33 and a particularly stressful year hit, and I totally look my age. Want to go get botox with me, OP? Jk

Ever since I was about 13, people have often assumed I was five to ten years older than I actually am. A few years ago, I took an audition class in the evening. At the first class, the instructor went around, student by student, and said what age range he thought each person could play -- Instructor: "I would cast you anywhere between 25 and 40. How old are you really?" Student 1: "I'm 32." Inst.: "So you can play a few years younger or older than your actual age. And you, I would cast you between 18 and 35. How old are you?" Student 2: "I'm 26." When he got to me, he said, "I would cast you anywhere between... oh, ... anywhere between 50 and 80. How old are you?" I responded completely honestly: "I'm 45." (IOW, he thought 50 was low-balling me by at least 5 years, if not more.) He got a little flustered, and said, "I guess it's because of your gray hair." I, being a little flustered as well, thought I would make a joke out of it and said, "Well, at least I still HAVE all my hair." Then I realized that he might not take that well, as he had a classically male-pattern-bald head.