The road to Hell in Hell

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I have an Urinary Tract Infection, causing me to have to use the bathroom about every ten minutes. I'm also about to leave on a 15 hour car trip with my entire family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 191
You deserved it 2 772

Top comments

greenfairy82 0

DRINK CRANBERRY JUICE. I had the same thing and my mom suggested it. Home remedy. just drink about a liter of it and it'll go away. There is something in the juice that clears everything up!! I hope that helps...

oh man, that blows! fyl :( i hope you survive the trip!

Comments

so stick a cathater tube up your "hoo hoo" and let the magic happen

Youch. I get UTIs all the time, and they're a pain in the ass when you have to be sitting down for long periods of time. Drink lots of cranberry juice (or take concentrated cranberry pills like Azo) and water with your meals, sip at water whenever you can, and take some Cystex (an antibacterial/urinary pain reliever) until you can get to the doctor for actual antibiotics. Bring pads to line your underwear in case you accidentally piss yourself...it's a lot easier to change a pad than it is to change your pants. CVS pharmacy sells the Cystex for about ten bucks, and the Minute Clinic they have in some of the stores can get you a urine test and a prescription for antibiotics within a half hour.

take amoxicillin. I'm 13 and get UTI's all the time. :( they suck. but hang in there, it will go away. try not to think about it.

xXPaigerzXx 0

wow sounds like a bladder infection i remember going on a whole day trip with my mum and dad and i had a bladder infection. i also remember waking up in the hotel room and trying to take my pill for the bladder infection and it lodging in my throat and my mum pushing me away cause she thought i was gonna puke on her.

Eurgh, that sucks. I just got rid of one a couple of days ago. You don't wanna be going every 10 minutes - probably even if you're drinking that frequently. You wanna be trying - and yes, I know it is hard - to do every half hour to hour, it's less painful when you do go that way. And like everyone else has said.. drink cranberry juice and plenty of water to flush it out. I find taking over the counter medication useful. The stuff you dissolve in water. Within 2 days it's all gone and you're back to normal :) And as for the car journey... God I hope you can sleep in cars, I really do =/ FYL definitely

D- we both know you're not going on any trip. -E

how do you get these? ive had jus ddnt kno how

The female urethra is only a few inches long, and it's quite easy for bacteria to find its way up there, especially during intercourse. You can get a UTI from just about anything and nothing...sometimes they just appear.

Ewwww I was there just a few months ago: 13hour solo drive back home with the worst UTI imaginable...just slap on a pad and go to the bathroom every 3 hours. Cranberry juice didn't really help and don't take it while driving till you get to where you're going cuz you'll really have to pee and not know if it's for reals.

sparxva 12

Welcome to the world of adult diapers.

rosie14 9

How do you know if you have a bladder infection