The comeback kid

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I'm still coughing. I was diagnosed with whooping cough last week, which apparently cannot be treated. Basically, it appears I'm a 19th century English peasant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 897
You deserved it 4 644

Top comments

Sounds like #6 has it. Nearly eradicated in developed nations since the 1970s, whooping cough is apparently on the rise again because modern parents are all sociopaths/brave protectors of precious snowflake. Go, parents!

Comments

I love how the comments on this FML are pretty much divided into "Ooh ooh listen to my elaborate and unnecessary description of my past and current diseases and how horrible they are!" and "NOT A FML STFU". I mean, for ****'s sake. This site is supposed to be funny. If the stories on it were all "Today, I found out I have two weeks to live. FML" or "Today, I was diagnosed with cancer. FML" then NO ONE would want to be here. So of course it makes sense that FMLs with things that are a *bit* less drastic and life-altering would be posted here.

This is dumb. How did it even pass moderation?

Poor american peasant, GET OVER IT. it is just a bad cough!!

justjayit 0

Wow, you cough a lot. That's annoying, but your life isn't ******. Stop being a whiny douchebag.

beckyb 0

99% of the posts on here do not have "******" lives. The majority of the situations suck a lot, but they aren't the end of the world. My point is, why point out the obvious? The site seems to be an entertaining blog of unfortunate situations.

FML does not stand for "my life is ******". It stands for "**** my life" which is another way of saying "this sucks". So shut up. Seriously. If you don't like it, then don't come to this site! Problem solved.

First off whooping cough isn't from the 19th century, its from the mid 1900's and second off there were no "peasants" in the 19th century which was the 1800's. Peasants were during the renaissance so yeah you're pretty much a retard, and i agree with #105.

**** you. don;t say shit about us english, you american fucktard. you can get it ANYWHERE. stfu.

...who cares? I had whooping cough when i was 12, as did a lot of kids in my area. 6 years later, and we're all fine. Cry more.

Get over yourself, lots of people still get whooping cough.

you're gay and this fml sucks. that is all.