The comeback kid

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I'm still coughing. I was diagnosed with whooping cough last week, which apparently cannot be treated. Basically, it appears I'm a 19th century English peasant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 897
You deserved it 4 644

Top comments

Sounds like #6 has it. Nearly eradicated in developed nations since the 1970s, whooping cough is apparently on the rise again because modern parents are all sociopaths/brave protectors of precious snowflake. Go, parents!

Comments

emilydem 0

i had whooping cough and IT CAN be treated. it just lasts about 2 months! enjoy :)

I'm not dead yet! I think I'll go for a walk...! I'm Happy....I'm Happy....

mendel_fml 0

Lasts 2 months even if it's not treated....

what? whooping cough is completely treatable. i had it when i was 7; it was easily treated with an antibiotic. GO TO THE DOCTOR. whooping cough can kill you if not treated. the only way you'll get "better" without medication is ending up dead. don't listen to these people...mine was treated after i had already had it for a solid 3 weeks. went to doc, diagnosed with whooping cough, antibiotics and i was 100% better a week later. GO NOW.

hydrogen09 0

Holy shit i had that when i was 11. Even though i had the milder case, i was still in pain and coughing wildly for about three weeks. It was by far the worst sickness i've ever had, and the doctors did not know how to treat it. And all you ******* people who think she's being a whuss, why don't you ******* catch and we'll see who's complaining then.

ghadir 2

Have you gotten a booster vaccine? When you get your tetnus shot they usually include the vaccine for whooping cough in it... might be something you consider getting. Good luck waiting out your 100-day cough!

I had whooping cough when I was in the 6th grade. It sucks. All you can do is take Xopenex breathing treatments and wait out the 6 weeks of hell it takes to get over it.

Oh, suck it up. I've had whooping cough, and while it's not fun, it's also not FML-worthy... more of an MLIA post, honestly.